Post-Game Talk: Jets 3- Ducks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Maybe a couple times before I spin off this mortal coil. The Bombers came through for me when I begged for a Grey Cup win before I am nothing but dust in the wind, Jets turn now. My Las Vegas Raiders won't win another Super Bowl even if I live to be 300 so it's up to the Jets.
Hey, I'm a Raiders fan too! Raiders4Life, but it's pretty much massive disappointment every year now. Nice to at least some teams I cheer for have some success!

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
There is nobody especially me who could of foreshadowed what this team could do this year, Helle wanted to be on a contender guess he got his wish. Now there still a lot of the schedule left but this ain't last years team and the expectation turns to a high playoff position and having a great run

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Oh yeah, for the 2 or 3 of you wondering how my special evening went. It didn't really work out like I was hoping.

We had an excellent dinner in my favourite restaurant then I suggested we move to the lounge for drinks. It was really busy and my sightline to the bar wasn't great and I couldn't see Inanna. We got served by some young guy who brought our drinks over. Just when I thought I'd remembered it wrong and she didn't work here, I glanced over and there she was. My hunches and deductions were right and she is every bit as gorgeous as I remember. People kept blocking my view, plus I had guests to entertain so I couldn’t stare so I never caught her eye directly. She was behind the bar for the whole 30-45 mins I was there. We never got within 30 feet of each other but I did confirm that I'm not a senile old fool and she is stunning. Now I'm more determined than ever to persuade her to post some photos in here. Just to help the team win, of course.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
But we got the headline on TSN!

Sadly we couldn't get it on NHL, too busy reporting on Connor Bedard's boo boo and trying to puff up the All Star Game.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 11.44.33 PM.png

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
But we got the headline on TSN!
Meanwhile, sportsnet.ca will likely copy and paste another Associated Press Jets article , buried under Bedard's injury and some Leaf's click bait.

Edit: nearly called it, the copied AP article warranted second place after Bedard's booboo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240106-000533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106-000533_Chrome.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240106-000546_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106-000546_Chrome.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Scheifele with a good bounce back game. Ehlers was a beast, that play he made at the defensive blue line blocking off a Zegras pass with a soccer style kick was chef's kiss. I am still begging 55 to shoot more.

Another fantastic game by AJF. That line brought some nice energy in a game where the Jets might have been a bit tired.

What a one-timer by Perfetti! Didn't know he had that in his repotoire. Would love to see him use that more. Vlad quietly putting up another 2 points.

Good to see Schmidt pot one. He deserves it.

The first PK was good, they were more aggressive pressuring the puck carrier. the 2nd PK hard to judge as it was a 6 on 4 but it was a bit of a shooting gallery again with some epic blocks esp by Iafallo.

Man Gudas (the penalty aside) is a beast, would love to see him in a Jets jersey. Would be perfect 2nd pairing RD if there was a way to acquire him.

They did turtle after the Schmidt goal and gave the Ducks a chance to get back into it but LB stood tall. But considering this was a second night of a back to back with a less than 24 hr turnround and 3rd in 4 nights that's understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad