Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Pens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
based on what is gus better defensively?
View attachment 818442

seems like when they've been on the ice this year, the Jets rate better in xGA/60 with Toninato as opposed to Gus.

nevertheless neither should be in the lineup when healthy and if so, are barely putting a dent on the game.
Much, much better might have been a bit of an overstatement, but ignoring the small sample size of this season Toninato has just about the worst defensive numbers on the team in past seasons. Gustafsson is also a great penalty killer.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Much, much better might have been a bit of an overstatement, but ignoring the small sample size of this season Toninato has just about the worst defensive numbers on the team in past seasons. Gustafsson is also a great penalty killer.
So ignore this season sample size but let's use an even smaller sample size ie: last year. Ok.

And 21-22 he had one of the better XGA/60 of players with similar gp, TOI (ofc with all on ice stats other context factors come into play)

The context of the post I was responding to was this season as well.

Reactions: Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
So ignore this season sample size but let's use an even smaller sample size ie: last year. Ok.

And 21-22 he had one of the better XGA/60 of players with similar gp, TOI (ofc with all on ice stats other context factors come into play)

The context of the post I was responding to was this season as well.
You're correct, I thought the numbers I was looking at was from the year he played 77 games, my bad.

Reactions: DRW204

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Waiving him would also be terrible asset management. Just because mistakes were made doesn't mean you make more mistakes.

Let's say we waive him and he gets picked up (there's no way he doesn't). Then we go into the playoffs and lose 3 defensemen. Sounds extreme but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Now we're playing a guy with practically no nhl experience (Heinola) and who even knows who we'd have to play from the Moose.

It's just illogical.
At that point Chisholm gets a shot. 🤫

Reactions: kanadalainen

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Jesus Christ, some of you guys (and gal) are cringy as f***. 😆
It depends on what makes you cringe, I guess. We can talk to each other about our lives and interests or we can have an endless pissing contests about Stanley versus Heinola, or Toninato versus AJF, or advanced stats versus eye tests, or tastes great versus less filling. Totally cringeworthy and boring beyond belief. Just drop your pants and get it over with already, guys!

delete

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
You can almost read the writing on the wall that he will soon be set adrift again.
Now I'm not sure but if they waive him does he automatically come back here, be waived again not claim and come back here, waived not claimed and sent to the Wild AHL team.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Now I'm not sure but if they waive him does he automatically come back here, be waived again not claim and come back here, waived not claimed and sent to the Wild AHL team.
I believe we get first right to reclaim, but the Jets can't claim him cause they'd have to waive someone else

Reactions: GNP

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Ahem! It's the day before the game. Where the hell is the new GDT?

6d48b29faeca3a8c92770b2661e0d0a9_w200.gif
time-waiting.gif
george-mc-farland-waiting.gif

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad