Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Hawks 1 Wow

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
People will say we're just feasting on bottom feeders right now and discount the record. In fact I saw on the main boards pretty much just that, people saying Jets are a mirage because our losses are against Nashville, Dallas (x2), Vegas (x2), NYR, LAK (plus a couple bottom feeder trap games) so therefore we can't beat actual contenders. But that ignores our record against Colorado and Florida who are both legit. Plus, winning is winning ... the teams we are above have also played "bottom feeders" yet their record is worse than ours.

Also @bustamente I'm hoping to see more games being given to LB and not riding Helle into the ground. So far they've been maintaining a 3:1 split ... Helle has played 30 and LB 11 to this point in the season. If that continues to the end of the season Helle will have played 60 games to LB 22 which is very similar to previous seasons ... last year Helle played 64 games, 66 in 2021-2022. So the ratio has improved a bit, but I'd like to see Helle under 60 GP to be more rested. Hopefully he can sit more games near the end of the season with a playoff position secured early.

I believe we are 7 wins and 6 losses against the other seeded teams in the league. I imagine the other top teams have similar records against other top teams. I mean good teams lose to other good teams from time to time.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
That actually scares me a bit, as Helle historically does not play as well off rest. Is like to see Bro get more games in the 'dog days' of the season (Post ASB) and then get him back to playing his standard amount in the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season.

Okay, I can see that argument. Give Hellebuyck some rest but give him lots of starts in the last 6-8 games or so. As long as we don't empty his tank just to make the playoffs, as in years past.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
That actually scares me a bit, as Helle historically does not play as well off rest. Is like to see Bro get more games in the 'dog days' of the season (Post ASB) and then get him back to playing his standard amount in the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season.
You noticed that too eh but lately he has played very good after having one game rest.
I think LB should be playing every 3rd game ... the Jets don't lose much.
LB's record 9 goals against in his last 6 games ... 5 Wins and one loss to the Sharks 2-1
Helly's record 9 goals against in his last 6 games ... 5 Wins and one OT loss to Bedard 2-1.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
BTW, after last night's game Brossoit is now tied with Hellebuyck in save% and has passed him in GAA:

View attachment 801633

I saw a fellow at the game last night wearing a Pavelec jersey. Brought back bad memories.

m.
There is always a Pavelec jersey in the arena. Always.

Mine is tucked away waiting for a new goaltender to wear 31, then I'll dust it off with a new name bar and the old mustard stains proudly displayed. Until then it won't see the light of day.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
There is always a Pavelec jersey in the arena. Always.

Mine is tucked away waiting for a new goaltender to wear 31, then I'll dust it off with a new name bar and the old mustard stains proudly displayed. Until then it won't see the light of day.
Recalling the Pavelec days:

1705083813100.png

m.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
A healthy lineup in no order...

Perfetti Scheif Nino
KC Vilardi Kup
Iafallo Names Ehlers
Barron Lowry Apples

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
wow...I'd forgotten just how disastrous that collapse was last year. I feel like this year is different...but it's pretty crazy to realize that we're still only just at the point where things started falling apart last year.
This year is definitely different. Can't win em all but would be shocked at a collapse.
They have nailed the recipe for success... structure, team buy-in, no egos and elite goaltending.

Nov 24, 2006
Good news I think on mark.

I REALLY hate that I have to click the tweet on my iPad and have it open in another window. Is this a permanent problem on this site now?

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1