GDT: Jet at Flame Afternoon Gaem at 2

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Just saw Kylington's first goal of the year. What a beauty. I don't think anyone else on the team can effortlessly skate by a defense like that.
The one UFA many aren't talking about. I think everyone assumes he re-signs since 3/4 of his 2 yr pact was burned w him away, but it's still a business and what if he's offered an insane deal elsewhere. Brutal loss for nothing if so.
I think we re-sign him, but it's a bit dicey.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If anyone should be demoted it's Sharangovich and Huberdeau.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I still have/had faith in Volk tbh, but I didn't touch that one. Made money on Lemos, Garry, and Whitaker parlay though.
Well played. I love Volk, but didn't like how little time he took off after Mak. He said he needs to be in camp for mental health, and it just felt like a case of the young lion swallowing the king whole.

Had the moneyline pretty large in addition to the ko. Was fortunate earlier and cashed a solid Barlow inside the distance prop when it looked like it may hit the cards. Green, but has some real tools. Well executed. Had fluffy in Rd2 as well, but whiffed on De Lima sub.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
The one UFA many aren't talking about. I think everyone assumes he re-signs since 3/4 of his 2 yr pact was burned w him away, but it's still a business and what if he's offered an insane deal elsewhere. Brutal loss for nothing if so.
I think we re-sign him, but it's a bit dicey.
It would be ballsy not to re-sign with the team that gave you so much support during a mental health crisis, and has 2 of their top 4 D leaving by the TDL.

I think it’s pretty safe to assume he’s back.

Reactions: flames23

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Unpopular but I've never minded Hunt.

Even going back to the Panthers he's always had impressive board/puck possession shifts. With the Panthers he got decent amount of chances but never scored, then you look at his stat line and realize that's just the norm with him.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
That was a nice neutral zone entry by Sharangovich to get past the defender. Huberdeau 2 points!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I’m very confident that Canada will go another year without a cup

Monahan secret agent at work. Thanks Sean

Reactions: Tofveve

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Listening to the intermission talking about Kuzmenko and I disagree with them.

we knew what we were getting with Kuzmenko, an offensively dynamic player that leaves a lot to be desired defensively. We've seen both sides of him already

I'm not saying he shouldn't be held accountable defensively. But there's also a point where you have to accept a player for what they are and play to their strengths, imo. It's also not like we have better options either. Unlike Vancouver who had a deeper forward roster.

Reactions: Backlund

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

we knew what we were getting with Kuzmenko, an offensively dynamic player that leaves a lot to be desired defensively. We've seen both sides of him already

I'm not saying he shouldn't be held accountable defensively. But there's also a point where you have to accept a player for what they are and play to their strengths, imo. It's also not like we have better options either. Unlike Vancouver who had a deeper forward roster.
It all comes down to risk vs reward. If Kuzmenko is creating more chances against then for, you need to limit his ice-time. There needs to be a net gain.

Reactions: Felidae

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

There's a reason Tocchet wouldn't play him. He might find a role here but I'm not expecting him to be something more than he's shown while here.

Reactions: Felidae

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad