Confirmed with Link: Jesse Puljujarvi 2 years 800k

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He looked fine to me but not PKing is going to hurt his chances of getting in the lineup if he isn't scoring.

He was pretty physical, surprisingly so. He threw more hits in a 3-4 game stretch than Acciari does.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
tbf I haven’t seen an ounce of offensive ability from him yet. A solid enough fore checker. Hoping to see more as time goes on
Sadly there's not much to see offensively. He is really most effective standing and creating havoc in front of the net, and that probably should be his role on Penguins 2nd PP.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Seems like everytime JP gets the puck he just dumps it off into space or slides it around the boards.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Been 32 games since the guy scored a goal... 25 games between EDM and CAR, now 7 games with the Pens.

I wanted it to work, but I can't grandstand about how Sullivan hates Euros with these guy. His offensive composure and skill is non-existent. Hopefully he only plays a few more games. Gruden or Poulin would be better

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I wanted it to work, but I can't grandstand about how Sullivan hates Euros with these guy. His offensive composure and skill is non-existent. Hopefully he only plays a few more games. Gruden or Poulin would be better
I am with you on this one. he showed me nothing, I mean literally nothing, could that change, maybe, but right now he is the least deserved to be in TOP 12. Don't see any upside there...

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I am with you on this one. he showed me nothing, I mean literally nothing, could that change, maybe, but right now he is the least deserved to be in TOP 12. Don't see any upside there...

I slightly disagree. I think he could be an adequate L3 or L4. Just don't expect him to do anything offensively. He's a reliable defensive player and it blows me away he doesn't get a longer look considering who the coach is. He's basically ZAR who got spot L2 duties fairly frequently.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I slightly disagree. I think he could be an adequate L3 or L4. Just don't expect him to do anything offensively. He's a reliable defensive player and it blows me away he doesn't get a longer look considering who the coach is. He's basically ZAR who got spot L2 duties fairly frequently.
maybe I am missing stuff, What does he do well defensively? by the time he slugs back to our zone they already had 3 shots on our goalie, he can hit, but only around the NZ where the traffic is tight and he does not need to chase anyone...please ping me the first time you see he closes on someone...look I am a sucker for a new guy allways, hack I would have tried all the AHLers by now but I am not seeing anything from him. Hope he proves me wrong

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is precisely why I always mockingly bring up the "American factor" with regards to Sullivan. Puljujarvi essentially plays Sullivan's dream style, yet because of his passport he's not getting the same kind of rope that all these dime a dozen scrubs from the US/NCAA get.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad