Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
expecting a big finals from the kid... we'll need that line to be productive because Danault's hands will be damn full, and the Bolts D and team approach is far more stifling than the Knights...

i'll bet he puts up 3 goals this series

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...hopefully Kotkaniemi, Anderson, and Byron have had time to "get on the same page" cuz we're gonna need this line firing on all cylinders...I'm hoping for a big Series from the kid and gives him the confidence to carry it into next year on a high note...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
...hopefully Kotkaniemi, Anderson, and Byron have had time to "get on the same page" cuz we're gonna need this line firing on all cylinders...I'm hoping for a big Series from the kid and gives him the confidence to carry it into next year on a high note...

I thought that line started to come alive during the Vegas series, especially near the end. They had their chances. Those 3 scored 5 of the Habs 12 even strength goals, including 4 as a line, and 2 of the 4 game winners. I expect them to keep that up.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
This line is so much better. I think Byron drives the line the most, but KK is coming on. Looked okay first game but man does he get hammered and still slipping and sliding all over the place.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This line is so much better. I think Byron drives the line the most, but KK is coming on. Looked okay first game but man does he get hammered and still slipping and sliding all over the place.

yeah him falling is going to be a think until it isn't.

There were times he was really flying out there though. He could be virtually unrecognizable as a player once he matures as oppose to now. Really interested to see how he develops.

Byron's been fantastic. Him and Anderson seem to take turns. But I can't believe the passing Lord B has been showing off lately. Never seen him this good.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
I'd still rather have Tkachuk than KK.

KK2.jpg

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I seem to miss his really really good games. I think he's been fantastic tonight. Saving his best for the end. What a kid. Dynamite passes. Good poise with the puck. Loving his game tonight. Kid's a real battler. He's going to be a good one. No doubt.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I like him and Anderson.

But KK needs someone else with skills, next offseason.

Skill-KK-Anderson

Reactions: Saxon

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
We’ll be loosing Tatar and probably Drouin this offseason. 10 milions cleared.
I really hope we manage to pull it off with Drouin, but we still have four ELC extensions coming up in the span of two seasons. We also need either to replace, or re-sign Chiarot. If we sign Danault I really don't see how we can commit long-term to another winger, with Gallagher, Anderson and Toffoli already on the books.

The other thing is we should really be thinking about a long-term contract to Suzuki and that will require more money than your usual bridge deal.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
How about KK make those better around him?

It's always the other way around.

You can’t expect a young player to always elevate those around him unless they are somebody special. Not every player is going to be a McDavid, let alone a Suzuki. We have to accept that at this time, KK isn’t there yet so it’s absurd to expect him to elevate his line mates, I mean, we’re all watching the same games here.

Really, a lot of takes in this thread are plain stupid and written by people who probably never played a competitive sport in their life. KK isn’t a generational talent, nor is he an elite offensive force. Heck, he may never reach that level. However, we are stuck with him (unless they move him) so he and the org have to figure out how to best utilize him.

For these playoffs, that role looks to be the banging and wearing down opposition role. He’s not always consistent, but hopefully that comes with development and experience.

But sure, let’s have him elevate VETERAN players because that’s how you develop. I’ll keep this in mind once minor hockey starts up again and I build my lines and tell my new 13 year olds to elevate the tenured 15 year olds.

ArsHabs

Nov 4, 2017
You can’t expect a young player to always elevate those around him unless they are somebody special. Not every player is going to be a McDavid, let alone a Suzuki. We have to accept that at this time, KK isn’t there yet so it’s absurd to expect him to elevate his line mates, I mean, we’re all watching the same games here.

Really, a lot of takes in this thread are plain stupid and written by people who probably never played a competitive sport in their life. KK isn’t a generational talent, nor is he an elite offensive force. Heck, he may never reach that level. However, we are stuck with him (unless they move him) so he and the org have to figure out how to best utilize him.

For these playoffs, that role looks to be the banging and wearing down opposition role. He’s not always consistent, but hopefully that comes with development and experience.

But sure, let’s have him elevate VETERAN players because that’s how you develop. I’ll keep this in mind once minor hockey starts up again and I build my lines and tell my new 13 year olds to elevate the tenured 15 year olds.

Well said. Not sure what people expect out of KK. He’s not an offensive wizard and play driver yet and maybe he’ll never be. Anderson and Byron aren’t rookies. Neither were Armia and Lehkonen, so why would anyone expect KK to suddenly turn them into 50 goal scorers?

I do think they need to keep KK and Anderson together moving forward. They just have to find a play driver winger to go with them.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Well said. Not sure what people expect out of KK. He’s not an offensive wizard and play driver yet and maybe he’ll never be. Anderson and Byron aren’t rookies. Neither were Armia and Lehkonen, so why would anyone expect KK to suddenly turn them into 50 goal scorers?

I do think they need to keep KK and Anderson together moving forward. They just have to find a play driver winger to go with them.

Tarasenko-KK-Anderson could be good! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Saxon

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

By default, it looks like well have drouin there until he is moved :laugh:

Reactions: sandviper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad