Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
KK is playing the best hockey of his career. Took him a while, but seems he has figured out how he needs to play to be successful. And that is being a power center.

Would have been to have Drouin to play with he and Anderson as Drouin could wet those two up, but Byron is making the line a very north/south line and it overall fairly effective. Anderson appears injured so hopefully the rest allows him to return to the dominant powerhorse we know and love.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Maybe they spent too much time on a line with Kotkaniemi?

:lol:
But... But... I thought linemates didn't affect scoring, as you've argued previously in criticizing JKO for his scoring drought lmao

If only JKO was the problem. Anderson and Byron have been stone cold for weeks, with or without playing next to our C with the leading zone entry, Corsi & Fenwick stats.

This weird obsession some have with critiquing this player is very very odd. Did I miss the headlines of the kittens he killed or something :dunno:

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Disagree all you want.

The kid has very good playoffs so far, with timely, greasy goals.

But there is no substance in arguing he was creating scoring chances for his wingers against Winnipeg. Not a critisism, just a plain statement of fact.

Except the available statistical data...
Analysis by former players turned commentators...
And eye test of many of the more informe/experienced posters...

But hey, don't let your ungrounded assessment get affected by anything substantial lol

Might want to revisit the definition of "fact". Appears you've conflated it with "bias"

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Except the available statistical data...
Analysis by former players turned commentators...
And eye test of many of the more informe/experienced posters...

But hey, don't let your ungrounded assessment get affected by anything substantial lol

Might want to revisit the definition of "fact". Appears you've conflated it with "bias"

That’s just false. If there’s anyone “creating” scoring chances on that line it’s Paul Byron. And they are few and far in between.

Now I would argue that those three just don’t work well together. But again, you’re expecting 70 points a season from him yet he can’t just produce with anyone.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
That’s just false. If there’s anyone “creating” scoring chances on that line it’s Paul Byron. And they are few and far in between.

Your take doesn't match any available data or effective results.

Empty takes are funny that way.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Your take doesn't match any available data or effective results.

Empty takes are funny that way.

You haven’t added a single form of proof. Your only argument is a 15 second clip of Bieksa praising him in the Toronto series.

I have my proof, it’s the stat sheet. A pass first centre that has 1 assist in his last 30 games. But you seem to think everyone else is just missing the plethora of chances he creates.

Even Eric Staal has 6 assists these playoffs. 6. He’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for this team and he has more assists in 11 games than KK has in his last 44 games.

Including the playoffs, KK has 17 assists in his last 112 games. 17.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Awesome contribution to the thread, keep up the always great posting...

Just maybe next time, add a little something about Kotkaniemi... Mmmk thanks.
This coming from someone who makes outlandish statements and when asked to provide proof refuses to do so.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You haven’t added a single form of proof. Your only argument is a 15 second clip of Bieksa praising him in the Toronto series.

I have my proof, it’s the stat sheet. A pass first centre that has 1 assist in his last 30 games. But you seem to think everyone else is just missing the plethora of chances he creates.

Even Eric Staal has 6 assists these playoffs. 6. He’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for this team and he has more assists in 11 games than KK has in his last 44 games.

Right... So now it's the assist column that feeds your narrative... Thanks for clarifying the depth of your hot take lol

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
playing next to our C with the leading zone entry, Corsi & Fenwick stats.

Ah yes. Zone entries, Corsi and Fenwick. The most important attributes I look for when evaluating my top 6 C.

This weird obsession some have with critiquing this player is very very odd. Did I miss the headlines of the kittens he killed or something

I just said the kid is having a very good playoffs, while not creating many chances for his wingers against Winnipeg. If that's an "obsessive critisism", then the Kotkaniemi fan club sure does look like a fragile bunch.

A simple request was made for you to provide examples of Kotkaniemi setting up his linemates against Winnipeg. I didn't see it. The poster making the request didn't see it either. What can be simpler than proving us wrong? I mean, I might have missed it, but I'm willing to concede faced with evidence.

Or are you just seeing things again as you did with Galchenyuk?

Reactions: Gravity

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Right... So now it's the assist column that feeds your narrative... Thanks for clarifying the depth of your hot take lol

He’s a playmaking centre, so yeah, naturally you’d like to see results from his playmaking.

Again with the complete deflection

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Ah yes. Zone entries, Corsi and Fenwick. The most important attributes I look for when evaluating my top 6 C.

I just said the kid is having a very good playoffs, while not creating many chances for his wingers against Winnipeg. If that's an "obsessive critisism", then the Kotkaniemi fan club sure does look like a fragile bunch.

A simple request was made for you to provide examples of Kotkaniemi setting up his linemates against Winnipeg. I didn't see it. The poster making the request didn't see it either. What can be simpler than proving us wrong? I mean, I might have missed it, but I'm willing to concede faced with evidence.

Or are you just seeing things again as you did with Galchenyuk?

Galach remains one of the top offensive players from his draft year... That take aged well thank you.

I didn't make the claim that JKO has not provided scoring opportunities to his wingers, another poster did. Onus would be on him to back up his claim, not the other way around.

I simply offered the various context, beyond my own observations from watching the game, that support the assessment that JKO has indeed been creating offense through his play.

If you don't like stats and don't like video analysis by former players, that's your issue, not mine.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
When Kotkaniemi and Caufield came in, you could feel the series shift. - Sheldon Keefe.......

Again, no one is denying that he’s playing fairly well now, but we can question his ultimate offensive upside. Some people really think he’s becoming Barkov when the evidence points otherwise.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If you don't like stats and don't like video analysis by former players, that's your issue, not mine.

He’s asking for the stats and video analysis, which you don’t provide. You’re literally basing your entire opinion on Kevin Bieksa talking about KK in passing.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He’s a playmaking centre, so yeah, naturally you’d like to see results from his playmaking.

Again with the complete deflection

It would appear that he's one of the best playoff goal scoring C's in league history at his age...

You calling him a "playmaking C" doesn't change that reality nor does looking at his assist column indicate he doesn't generate offense.

Since Anderson has 1g and 0 assists, what's your label for him, I wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad