Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
there was plenty of people crapping in their pants after his poor first half. And hey fair enough. we've been burned plenty but they can't back track now and say they didn't. plenty did. going on about Tkachuk all the time. Tkachuk can still be better. Hughes can be better but I just love what this kid is bringing. We're desperate for size and skill up front. Throw in all the little things he's doing and I'm doing back flips over him right now.
I got to agree with you, it's clear as water how much morale a Center like KK brings to the team when he establishes such dominance physically, he gets in his opponents heads and you notice it, he has been such a boss the whole playoffs, way to show the haters what he's all about, future Captain if he plays his cards right.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
The difference in his strength and balance is remarkable. He's fallen less on his ass in 6 these 6 games than he would in one period during the first half of the season. Wow!

Usually what happens when you are 18/19 and have a lanky build , takes time to put on the muscle required to compensate for the growth spurts. Some players are naturally thick but you could tell KK didn't have a man's body and that his balance issues would correct themselves over time. He has the hockey IQ and the skill required to be a very good C, the rest is just a matter of letting the teenager become a man. He's going to be an absolute force once he gets a bit older (22/23), I can already see him having amazing chemistry with Caufield. (They have such complimentary skill sets).

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I got to agree with you, it's clear as water how much morale a Center like KK brings to the team when he establishes such dominance physically, he gets in his opponents heads and you notice it, he has been such a boss the whole playoffs, way to show the haters what he's all about, future Captain if he plays his cards right.

yeah I was hoping for maybe 'Bambi' to 'I can stay on my skates now for a whole shift, Coach!' lol.

But to see him borderline imposing his will out there is pretty astounding. He's going to be a bloody horse out there when he fills out. No idea he had this kind of edge. It's just so fun to watch.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
There are more.

Many people stating he can barely keep up with the NHL and we need to trade him before we have another bust.

But I am also talking about outside this board.

Plenty were calling him Bambi or saying we didn't pick BPA while ignoring that he was always going to be a project. Players can be a project and still be the BPA (those two things aren't mutually exclusive) , it was an area of need but his skill set was high and WJC was his coming out party. It was a given that a player like him would need time to fill out before reaching his peak potential. Playing him at 18 as the youngest player in all major sports could have easily backfired. I'm glad he is putting it together as he grows into his body and gaining confidence that comes with playing his type of game.

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
sick 2nd goal, having him and Suzuki doing so well in the playoffs gives me hope we might actually have something going if we can hit on some of these D prospects and Caufield.

aVOSkIC.gif

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
sick 2nd goal, having him and Suzuki doing so well in the playoffs gives me hope we might actually have something going if we can hit on some of these D prospects and Caufield.
He looked like Gallagher on the first goal. Then absolutely rips one on the second through a screen.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
We need to draft Mercer at 16 and don’t worry about Caufield.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He has taken major steps ahead.

If it continues by the start of next playoffs he could be a 20y low end #1C

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
If you're new to the KK bandwagon, welcome to the basket of deplorables. Try the hot pockets. Perhaps now you'll believe me when I say he's just getting started.

You see a lot of the things he's being praised for now in this highlight video. He's always loved to get to the paint. You also see a lot of things yet to come.

Imagine being a fan of an organization that has been unable to acquire a 1st line center for decades, and passing up the opportunity to draft this kid because of his dumpster-fire skating.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
KK show really good flashes and continu to grow it obvious. We can watch him since his 18 years. Pretty sure he would arrive here at 20 years old and we would understand why he was pick at 3rd oa. I think its gonna be the same situation with romanov. He played in russia from 18/20, far away from the camera. So we didnt see his lacks. Pretty sure hes gonna play next year and he won’t need a long time in the AHL

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If you're new to the KK bandwagon, welcome to the basket of deplorables. Try the hot pockets. Perhaps now you'll believe me when I say he's just getting started.

You see a lot of the things he's being praised for now in this highlight video. He's always loved to get to the paint. You also see a lot of things yet to come.

Imagine being a fan of an organization that has been unable to acquire a 1st line center for decades, and passing up the opportunity to draft this kid because of his dumpster-fire skating.

What a player he’s been in these playoffs, the physicality he’s brought to the table along with the skillset and hell I think his skating is actually a big asset now. He looks fast out there.

Bright future for this kid, no doubt about it in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad