Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
"Trade Danault, we're good."
A5pZ7P2.png

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
The same people complaining in the Norlinder thread are going to come in complaining about KK.

From the short clips we see he looks bigger and is skating well. Let’s just be happy he’s playing right now and not lose sight that his development will take time.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
His skating looks way better, and he likes to throw a big hit here and there.

For the expectations moving forward:
He needs to be the best player on the ice, and in the entire league. He’s a straight up NHL player in Liiga. Not some 30+ year old vet way past his prime.
For points ppg min.
If we are hoping recent top draft pick Lundell to be in 0.8-1ppg range

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

He needs to be the best player on the ice, and in the entire league. He’s a straight up NHL player in Liiga. Not some 30+ year old vet way past his prime.
For points ppg min.
He really doesn't have to live up to these disproportionate expectations.

I'll personally settle for him just being healthy and ready to go for training camp. Anything more is gravy but health > points in Assät.

This loan to Assat is abouy condition, not production, I personally couldn't careless if he doesn't score a single point

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The same people complaining in the Norlinder thread are going to come in complaining about KK.

From the short clips we see he looks bigger and is skating well. Let’s just be happy he’s playing right now and not lose sight that his development will take time.

No complaints from me. KK has already proven to produce in Finland, produce in the AHL and produce in the NHL.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The lack of production of KK doesnt concern me at all. He just started a new season, on a new level. Lets take a breath. And imo, KK will be known for his two way game play. Gonna give hit and to be implicated into the game. If KK become a 50/55 pts player im gonna be happy.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Merkley on the same team had no points and 24PIM after 3GP ...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If KK takes another leap from what he did in the playoffs, or in the least, just steadily continues from where he left off, I'm guessing no head coach who has a shred of credibility would be able to set that aside. Performance and results dictate decisions in a results-oriented environment.
I hope you are right.........I am not convinced Clod will put the right people together. This is a coach that constantly used Jordan 'Weal on the PP, with almost zero results....
I will reserve judgement and we can all hope for the best, please Clod, do the right thing!!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I'll personally settle for him just being healthy and ready to go for training camp. Anything more is gravy but health > points in Assät.

This loan to Assat is abouy condition, not production, I personally couldn't careless if he doesn't score a single point

It’s just reality if we want to see him be a top6 C next year in the NHL.

I wasn’t negative about him but just what he should be every day on the ice.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It’s just reality if we want to see him be a top6 C next year in the NHL.

I wasn’t negative about him but just what he should be every day on the ice.
His production in Assat, whether he produces or not, will have little to no impact on whether or not he's a top 6C next year in the NHL.

He could light the league on fire, once training camp starts, it's a whole new challenge.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
If KK takes another leap from what he did in the playoffs, or in the least, just steadily continues from where he left off, I'm guessing no head coach who has a shred of credibility would be able to set that aside. Performance and results dictate decisions in a results-oriented environment.
Are you a new Habs fan? Sarcasm... lol

Reactions: overlords

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

For points ppg min.

Id be really disappointed if he can't outproduce fellow high draft picks in the same league, he should be ahead of all of them and IMO, better.

Its time we see them produce, its a good indicator of his level in the NHL.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Its time we see them produce, its a good indicator of his level in the NHL.
Debatable...but he's already produced in this league. IIRC, he's one of the most productive players to have played in that league for his age group.

This isn't the NHL though, it's a weird year where hockey started, stopped, started back up again, stopped and now he's playing in a much weaker league after being off for 6 weeks or so.

I get wanting to see some production and i'm sure it will come but we shouldn't make it be the end all of things.

The goals he will score is not going to be on NHL goaltending and the passes he's making to his linemates aren't NHL players either.

There's only so much to read into the numbers right now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Debatable...but he's already produced in this league. IIRC, he's one of the most productive players to have played in that league for his age group.

This isn't the NHL though, it's a weird year where hockey started, stopped, started back up again, stopped and now he's playing in a much weaker league after being off for 6 weeks or so.

I get wanting to see some production and i'm sure it will come but we shouldn't make it be the end all of things.

The goals he will score is not going to be on NHL goaltending and the passes he's making to his linemates aren't NHL players either.

There's only so much to read into the numbers right now.
Everyones producing but our prospects, at some point we have to see progress, numbers. Im tired of getting the onion of the orchard. (Is this even a saying, I dont think so)

Reactions: Hannibal and 417

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
His nickname is coconut

His nick name is KK.

Show me players referring to him as coconut........if I remember correctly it was just the usual gross fanboy infatuation of nicknaming 18 year old boys when they get drafted.

Your nickname is what your friends call you, not strangers who have never met you.

Reactions: dralaf and cphabs

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Everyones producing but our prospects, at some point we have to see progress, numbers. Im tired of getting the onion of the orchard. (Is this even a saying, I dont think so)
Well other then having ammo to participate in HF discussions about prospects...who really cares.

The handful of games he's going to play in Assat this year isn't going to determine how the rest of his career goes.

Though again, I certainly understand and share on some level, wanting him to put up some goals and assists while he's there. That's normal.

But I really don't think it means much in the grand scheme of things other than bragging rights on a message board with rival fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad