GDT: Jerts vs Perds - Tue Dec 19 7:00pm CT

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
I think the problem is some people have made up their minds already about Maurice and give him zero credit for the success so far this season.

The team will play a horrible game one night and Maurice will be blasted for usage, systems etc. Then the next night they will absolutely dominate good teams like the blues and the credit is given to the players exclusively as if they abandoned that same usage and system instead of executing it.

I don't know why some are opposed to changes that should just make the team even better and maybe not lose the first game against blues or Nashville.

Just because they are doing well is not a valid argument for stagnation.

There IS an obvious issue with 2nd line and 1st could be better. Before looking outside for trades to strengthen the playoff run, first you have to see what you can get out of your existing lineup. Without trying that, you don't really have accurate data on what you might or might not need to target on trade deadline.

And "made up their minds already"? Already? Didn't he just break an NHL record?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
The YELLOW (not gold) Perds have the best D-Core in the league, (featuring my favorite player) and a solid forward group. Their D-men are much better than our D-men, and our forwards (I think) are slightly better than their forwards. Goaltending is a wash.

Game should be decided on if the Winnipeg Forwards can impose on the Nashville defense, or vice versa.

Should be a good game, no matter the result.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
If the Jets play the Preds like they played the Blues it'll be a good game.
GJG!

I think the one's giving him zero credit are in the vast minority and get too much attention.
I wouldn't say "vast" minority, but they're certainly the most belligerent.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Don't like how we match up against the Perds especially when they're at home, feel like Rinne will have another vezina night.

Jets win 5-1, 5 goals from Chairot.
I don’t like how we match up either truthfully.
Our forwards are much better and Helle can out play Rinne on any given night.
They should have a Pekka measuring contest too.
Jets 3-2 OT win

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I like how we match up.

I expect Rinne to begin his regression today

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
No matter what happens, I place the blame on the shoulders of Maurice for the team being unprepared. Or prepared. Or for changing the lines. Or not changing the lines. In other words the players are blameless robots. Except for Wheeler, who is either a great captain or a terrible one, depending on how this game turns out.

Because I am the headmaster of the school of hockey wizardry and master strategist.

:D so true

Don't have much of a feel for this one. Merely hoping for the best.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I love watching how Nashville transition the puck out of their zone. Such an amazing puck moving D core. I love it more when they are doing it against teams not named the Jets.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
In order to hold that record you need to be around a long time. Bad coaches (see Claude Noel) never get anywhere near the top of a list like that.

I've said many times. Maurice is not a great NHL coach but he's certainly above average. If he wasn't he would have been out of the league years ago
Maurice took that Canes team to the Finals and the 3rd round. This team has better talent and better goaltending. They lack experience, though, and are in a very tough division.

Reactions: King Woodballs

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I love watching how Nashville transition the puck out of their zone. Such an amazing puck moving D core. I love it more when they are doing it against teams not named the Jets.
Yup, and Rinne is very effective at moving the puck, which makes it even harder to get a forecheck going. The Jets need to try to get some controlled entries, and hope for some PP time.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I don't think Peter Laviolette would put #15 on the PK continually after getting gassed every time and standing still.

(So much talent on this team- must be a dream to coach)

This could be the problem again. Need to stay out of the box and Mo needs to keep #15 off the PK. Standing still and waving his stick back and forth has limited effectiveness.

Should be fun to watch if we play a disciplined game.

Poolman is going to pot one tonight.

thetracksuit

Nov 25, 2015
if the team who showed up against detroit, florida, and chicago plays tonight we will get obliterated.

if the team who showed up against st louis plays we stand a chance.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This could be the problem again. Need to stay out of the box and Mo needs to keep #15 off the PK. Standing still and waving his stick back and forth has limited effectiveness.

Should be fun to watch if we play a disciplined game.

Poolman is going to pot one tonight.
Than Poolman will be one up on the guy he's replacing. In an eighth of the games. ;)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jets allowed 0 goals in the last 1 game

h3SpFCj.jpg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

As much as Scott Steiner was an athletic marvel since his college days, he is clearly an understated master of the surprisingly difficult art of babbling semi-coherently. I was lucky enough to catch this promo live and I wept tears of joy.

EDIT: And as many of you have seen, I have shamelessly appropriated "the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster" into my everyday phrase book. Beautiful in its lunacy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad