GDT: Jerts vs Perds - Tue Dec 19 7:00pm CT

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Nashville is the hottest team in the league since the Turris trade. We need their goalie to have a stinker or it could be a long night.

The Jets were the hottest team in the league going into Detroit a couple weeks back. Being the hottest team in the league at any given time ain't no thang! lol...

I feel like maybe we're gonna win this one. I'm not putting any actual...or even virtual cash on it but I got a good feeling.

Reactions: HannuJ

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
so_hot.JPG

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Let's have a game where Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers and Laine let loose. Nashville is playing really well right now, but I always have it in the back of my mind that this Jets team can score 7 on any given night.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Don't like how we match up against the Perds especially when they're at home, feel like Rinne will have another vezina night.

Jets win 5-1, 5 goals from Chairot.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Let's have a game where Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers and Laine let loose. Nashville is playing really well right now, but I always have it in the back of my mind that this Jets team can score 7 on any given night.
Soon, we'll be able to move that to the front of our mind.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
No matter what happens, I place the blame on the shoulders of Maurice for the team being unprepared. Or prepared. Or for changing the lines. Or not changing the lines. In other words the players are blameless robots. Except for Wheeler, who is either a great captain or a terrible one, depending on how this game turns out.

Because I am the headmaster of the school of hockey wizardry and master strategist.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No matter what happens, I place the blame on the shoulders of Maurice for the team being unprepared. Or prepared. Or for changing the lines. Or not changing the lines. In other words the players are blameless robots. Except for Wheeler, who is either a great captain or a terrible one, depending on how this game turns out.

Because I am the headmaster of the school of hockey wizardry and master strategist.

You missed the memo

Lose = 100% Maurice's fault
Win = players get credit for performing well despite the horrible head coach and the horrible goalie coaxh

No middle ground allowed

:sarcasm:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player pre-game: Wheeler.

Coach Maurice pre-game scrum topics: The number of shots the Jets have been generating. What does he expect from the Predators? How has his prep changed for 3 on 3 in the last couple of years? On teams defaulting to using two D in OT. On OT without Byfuglien. Status of Myers. Is Hellebuyck starting? Staying disciplined against Nashville. Importance of special teams. On the evolution of Bryan Little's game. Good week to be on the road in advance of holidays? The Preds Ryan Johansen seeing similarities between Nashville and Winnipeg.

To listen click here.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
You missed the memo

Lose = 100% Maurice's fault
Win = players get credit for performing well despite the horrible head coach and the horrible goalie coaxh

No middle ground allowed

:sarcasm:

I will give Maurice credit, especially where his All-Time Loss record is concerned. When asked about it, he said something to the effect of:

"Maybe I would have taken longer to get here if I had as strong a team as this over my coaching tenure."

Which is true. His teams he's coached haven't exactly been overindulgent in talent.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I will give Maurice credit, especially where his All-Time Loss record is concerned. When asked about it, he said something to the effect of:

"Maybe I would have taken longer to get here if I had as strong a team as this over my coaching tenure."

Which is true. His teams he's coached haven't exactly been overindulgent in talent.

In order to hold that record you need to be around a long time. Bad coaches (see Claude Noel) never get anywhere near the top of a list like that.

I've said many times. Maurice is not a great NHL coach but he's certainly above average. If he wasn't he would have been out of the league years ago

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hmmm, I'll have to be careful not to unfairly criticize Mo in any way if they lose, make sure I find some handy player scapegoats but also be ready to be overly effusive in my praise of him if they win.

Hard to keep all this straight.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
The game plans for both teams is probably exactly the same tonight. They play very similar styles. Special teams likely to be the difference.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Hmmm, I'll have to be careful not to unfairly criticize Mo in any way if they lose, make sure I find some handy player scapegoats but also be ready to be overly effusive in my praise of him if they win.

Hard to keep all this straight.

I think the problem is some people have made up their minds already about Maurice and give him zero credit for the success so far this season.

The team will play a horrible game one night and Maurice will be blasted for usage, systems etc. Then the next night they will absolutely dominate good teams like the blues and the credit is given to the players exclusively as if they abandoned that same usage and system instead of executing it.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I think the problem is some people have made up their minds already about Maurice and give him zero credit for the success so far this season.

The team will play a horrible game one night and Maurice will be blasted for usage, systems etc. Then the next night they will absolutely dominate good teams like the blues and the credit is given to the players exclusively as if they abandoned that same usage and system instead of executing it.

I think the one's giving him zero credit are in the vast minority and get too much attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad