Confirmed with Link: Jensen 3 x 4.05

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
A little higher than the Wallman extension with Detroit but probably the best deal to be had and important to bring him back. Given he turns 33 at the beginning of next season, it was important to keep the term to three years.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
This is a big surprise. I thought he'd both get a little closer to 5 million, but that he's be getting at least a 5 or 6 year deal. Surprised he'd only take 3 years with his career earnings being so low compared to his ability.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Great contract, was wondering after the Sandin deal if they wouldn't get this done and try to make Sandin-Jensen work similar to Orlov-Jensen in the mid future

Reactions: Neil Racki

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I believe the deference they’ve shown to 19, 43, and 74 coming off big injuries and the fact that they try to trade everyone to perfect spots even if it’s in the East plays a factor in guys being willing to forego free agency and take a little less this year

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't mind this deal. I was dreading that they give him 4 or 5 years but 3 is fine, especially without any trade protection. This was a move they needed to make to even stand a chance to stay alive in the Playoffs race for next season. I think there is decline on the cards with Jensen after that season but it's worth the risk given what they are hoping to do and now that the contract isn't too long.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Feher - Carly
Sandin - Jensen
X-TVR?

X will depend on the coach. Or a young player from Hershey or a vet for 800K from FA.
The best would to find another Gus.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Feher - Carly
Sandin - Jensen
X-TVR?

X will depend on the coach. Or a young player from Hershey or a vet for 800K from FA.
The best would to find another Gus.

That is substantially worse than what we had this year even before you factor in that Carlson's brain may well be scrambled enough that he falls off even more than he already has Unless your X is a lowkey top pairing defenseman

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00