Value of: Jeff Petry to Jets

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Exactly and one Montreal need to keep unless they get an NHL ready RHD back (19-22 years old) with clear top 4 potential and a +.

The only way we would trade him for future (draft picks) is if Brook took a huge step in his game in the next couple of weeks and clearly show he is ready to be a full time NHL D, which he hasn’t been able to show so far
We have 4 top 6 fowards UFA at the end of the next season in Tatar, Gallagher, Armia, Danault... We wont have the money to re-sign all of them and there is no guarentee they will accept a discount to stay here, not even Gallagher... Thats crazy when you think about it, Im really intrigued by what is Marc's plan if there is any, he really is in a tough spot... The only logical option for me is starting to maximize their value... You just cant enter the next season being a bubble team and ending up losing them for nothing, it doesnt make sense in the position we are, we have to start to sell and then try to extend the guys we really want to keep...

I would start to shop Tatar and possibly Petry first for that deadline, then depending of the negociations next summer, you keep taking the best decisions for the future of the team... Would be nice to re-sign both Gallagher and Armia mid - long term, but if you cant reach a fair agreement, you keep on getting back the high picks and young players...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Its true, you do.
I don't think they are top 6 anywhere else.
I was reffering to our group, both Danault and Armia are top 6 on our line-up, Armia was on pace for 30 goals 50 pts, he is a puck possession beast, I would say he could play on a couple of NHL 2nd lines for sure... Danault would be a great third line center on a contender, he doesnt have top 6 skills, but his compete, IQ and 200 ft work are pretty valuable...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Its true, you do.
I don't think they are top 6 anywhere else.
Armia, no. Danault, yes. If you have Danault as your 3C, you're stacked (probably a bit too much). Don't think any team as a 3C equivalent or better then Danault atm.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Stick to discussing the subject of the thread or this thread will be closed if people can’t stay on topic.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If Buff comes back, this is an unnecessary expenditure. If Buff does not come back, I think most Jets fans do not want to spend lavishly (some not at all) for TDL acquisitions. While Habs fans can ask for a Muzzin deal, I think that's a bit rich for us to pay. I'd rather investigate the UFA market in the offseason than try to force something for this year (unless we can get a player for a more moderate cost).

Reactions: Huffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad