Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Pros:
Don't need to rush Mailloux
Don't need to play Kovacevic if Petry is better
Scored 0.5 ppg last year and +2
His cap hit is similar to Hoffman and he is a better player
Can probably be traded (again) for a decent asset how that the cap hit has come down
In two years (term remaining on Petry contract) Reinbacher could likely be ready to come in
Allows the club to trade Savard if someone wants to give a fair return
Angela Price may want to move back to Montreal to be with her good friend

Cons:
One extra year longer than Hoffman's contract
Might crowd out Barron, Xhekaj or Harris but this is still up to the coach
Carey Price may try to make a comeback and kill our salary cap

I had a dream Price recovered and tried to make another run. Maybe it was a nightmare. Don’t think he does it, and it would probably mess badly with our cap sitch!

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
1691341606618.png

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I want to keep him, but we have no room
Matheson - Petry could be a nice pairing
To be honest he's probably still better than Savard. Trade whoever has more value, assuming Petry doesn't ask to be traded again.

Matheson-Petry
Guhle-Savard
Harris-Xhekaj

Not bad to start the season, let Barron go down for a bit and take over later. Or split Petry and Matheson to each play with one of the young guys.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We could give away Petry and the Pittsburgh 2nd for free that it would be a win.

Getting rid of Hoffman and Pitlick is hugeee
I agree. But it would seem nobody will take Petry for free right now.

I mean, if he had positive or even zero, non-negative value, how did we just get him along with a 2nd and DeSmith for Hoffman???

IMO, it would seem Petry's contract has negative value league wide and he would need to play well at the start of this year to raise his value either back to 0 or for it to become positive. The problem is, we have young dmen that need to play, so giving Petry playing time to raise his value could hurt their development.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Will be interesting to see what Petry thinks about the deal.

To be honest he's probably still better than Savard. Trade whoever has more value, assuming Petry doesn't ask to be traded again.

Matheson-Petry
Guhle-Savard
Harris-Xhekaj

Not bad to start the season, let Barron go down for a bit and take over later. Or split Petry and Matheson to each play with one of the young guys.
Yes, I'd split them:

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Petry
Harris - Xhekaj
Kovacevic

Barron in Laval.

Gotta retain and get the max value you can for him.

Barron and Harris in particular need to play.
I don't think it will be bad for Barron to get more reps in Laval as the number 1 D. There will be injuries and he'll be the first call-up.

Reactions: Simarino

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think it's ideal if both Barron and Xhekaj start the year in Laval honestly. If one or both force your hand look to flip Petry @ 50 but I feel like they've probably agreed with him that he'll be flipped

Reactions: 26Mats

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
I agree. But it would seem nobody will take Petry for free right now.

I mean, if he had positive or even zero, non-negative value, how did we just get him along with a 2nd and DeSmith for Hoffman???

IMO, it would seem Petry's contract has negative value league wide and he would need to play well at the start of this year to raise his value either back to 0 or for it to become positive. The problem is, we have young dmen that need to play, so giving Petry playing time to raise his value could hurt their development.

Petry’s « negative value » was very circumstantial; Pittsburgh wanted Karlsson and absolutely needed Petry’s spot and AAV to be involved, but the latter had SJS in his no-trade list.

Finding a third wheel where Petry would accept to land and who also had the required cap space to take on the bulk of his contract dramatically narrowed the possibilities and HuGo clearly made the best out of that opportunity.

What’s really intriguing is that Montreal wasn’t on Petry’s list to begin with; it means it’s not necessarily an issue of an implicit re-trade of Petry already in the works - and remains the possibility Petry sticks around until at least TDL 2024?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
No more COVID restrictions so maybe she goes back to loving Montréal.
It wasn’t the restrictions as much as the impact
of the restrictions - not allowing her parents to come stay longterm from Texas to help out with 4-young boys and a husband traveling 50% of the time

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00