Confirmed with Link: Jeff Jackson (McDavid's now former agent) named Oilers CEO of Hockey Ops

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
"In his new role, Jackson will report directly to Katz and serve as an Alternate Governor on the NHL Board of Governors. He will oversee all aspects of OEGSE's NHL, AHL and WHL hockey operations. Jackson will work closely with Ken Holland, who continues in his role as President of Hockey Operations and General Manager of the Edmonton Oilers and will report to Jackson. Paul Coffey, who has been with the Oilers as a Special Advisor to Daryl Katz for more than a year and has been integral to bringing Jeff to OEGSE, will also assist Jackson in his new role with the organization."

Sounds like Bob Nicholson is gone now. Good riddance. No more Bobby Nick Burgers. Bring on the Jackson Burgers!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Paul Coffey, who has been with the Oilers as a Special Advisor to Daryl Katz for more than a year and has been integral to bringing Jeff to OEGSE, will also assist Jackson in his new role with the organization.

"Jeff and I have had a long and fruitful relationship, and I have witnessed his care, relentlessness, and obvious knowledge of the game and industry firsthand," said McDavid. "I'm excited about this next chapter for me and to continue to be represented by Wasserman on and off the ice, with Judd Moldaver as my agent and Adam Phillips, my longtime manager, handling day-to-day matters."

Two interesting tidbits from NHL.com article. Funny how McDavid already has comments on this lol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
"In his new role, Jackson will report directly to Katz and serve as an Alternate Governor on the NHL Board of Governors. He will oversee all aspects of OEGSE's NHL, AHL and WHL hockey operations. Jackson will work closely with Ken Holland, who continues in his role as President of Hockey Operations and General Manager of the Edmonton Oilers and will report to Jackson. Paul Coffey, who has been with the Oilers as a Special Advisor to Daryl Katz for more than a year and has been integral to bringing Jeff to OEGSE, will also assist Jackson in his new role with the organization."

Sounds like Bob Nicholson is gone now. Good riddance. No more Bobby Nick Burgers. Bring on the Jackson Burgers!
Not so sure about that. Funny how the article mentions directly reports to Katz. Who else would it be if Jackson was the top dog?

That and Nicholson's portfolio included the business side of things. I don't see that really mentioned in the article for Jackson.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Paul Coffey, who has been with the Oilers as a Special Advisor to Daryl Katz for more than a year and has been integral to bringing Jeff to OEGSE, will also assist Jackson in his new role with the organization.

"Jeff and I have had a long and fruitful relationship, and I have witnessed his care, relentlessness, and obvious knowledge of the game and industry firsthand," said McDavid. "I'm excited about this next chapter for me and to continue to be represented by Wasserman on and off the ice, with Judd Moldaver as my agent and Adam Phillips, my longtime manager, handling day-to-day matters."

Two interesting tidbits from NHL.com article. Funny how McDavid already has comments on this lol

Looks like Moldaver represents Matthews and a few other decent names.

He's going to make bank in the next few years.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Looks like Moldaver represents Matthews and a few other decent names.

He's going to make bank in the next few years.
Have no idea what McDavid's contract will look like. Last time he apparently took less than what was offered, so who knows this time.

I did miss Stauffer's answer to the "how much of a discount do you think Connor and Leon take".

Also funny how Stauffer had no hints about this.

Well Jeff Jackson added. Nicholson still on site.

I have a feeling Nicholson sticks around in more of the business side of things. Which is fine. I really don't care who is running Roger's place or looking for business opportunities.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Not so sure about that. Funny how the article mentions directly reports to Katz. Who else would it be if Jackson was the top dog?

That and Nicholson's portfolio included the business side of things. I don't see that really mentioned in the article for Jackson.

Nicholson staying on as Special Advisor. I'd say that's a sign he will be out the door within the next year IMO, just like Lowe.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Ken Holland reports to Jeff Jackson. What in tarnation.

Wondering how this effects Staois.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Might be a good sign that McDavid is sticking around long term as well. Also, if this means Bobby Burgers is out the door or is being moved to some obscure position then I’m all for it!
I do wonder if part of the reason McDavid would want to stay to win the cup here is so he can give a nice big "f*** you" to those who doubted he'd ever win a cup in Edmonton. Unless a huge unforeseen implosion happens to the team he'll probably stay put for another contract.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Jeff Jackson? That's pretty random.
Has an agent ever moved up to CEO of Hockey Ops of an NHL team?

Not saying it's a bad thing btw (Nicholson being replaced can only be a good thing), just that it's interesting and of course can only be good that McDavid's rep is now in charge of Hockey Ops in terms of keeping him here long term. Is he qualified though or is that more of a favor to McDavid?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Jeff Jackson? That's pretty random.
Has an agent ever moved up to CEO of Hockey Ops of an NHL team?

Not saying it's a bad thing btw (Nicholson being replaced can only be a good thing), just that it's interesting and of course can only be good that McDavid's rep is now in charge of Hockey Ops in terms of keeping him here long term. Is he qualified though or is that more of a favor to McDavid?
Thinking Brian Lawton, but not sure if it's same role.

Edit: Found the below. So I guess he has a bit of other team experience. 4 years according to elite prospects.

Jackson, 58, played 263 career games with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Quebec Nordiques, New York Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks. After his career was over, he practised law before joining the Maple Leafs front office as assistant general manager and director of player operations in 2006.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I'd truly want to know what all this speculation from Lowetide of all people is coming from. He doesn't exactly have a lot of ties to agents or organizations.
Meh, LT is constantly beating the analytics drum and he's been pushing Holland out the door for years. Take with a grain of salt.

I really enjoy his writing, and most of his columns are solid, but as with anyone there are some inherent biases.

Reactions: TFHockey and ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad