Jeff Gorton's role in Bruins Cup win

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Special thanks 2 Jeff Gorton: Asst GM when B's signed Thomas, interim GM drafted Kessel, Lucic, Marchand; traded 4 Rask signed Chara, Savard

https://twitter.com/#!/kluedeke29/status/81190413385474048

We have discussed Gorton here before. Rangers assistant director of player personnel since 2008. He joined the Rangers as a pro scout in 2007 after getting fired from Boston. Gordie Clark and Gorton run the Rangers personnel department.

Selected Kessel,Lucic and Marchand in the first 3 rounds in 2006

Andrew Raycroft for Rask

Signed Chara and Savard as free agents

Peter Chiarelli was still under contract to Ottawa and couldn't join them into after July 1. Mike O'Connell had been fired and Gortion was the interim GM.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Makes you think for sure. The guy sure seems like he knows what he's doing. It makes me feel more and more comfortable about the future of this team and the decisions made by our scouting staff regarding our prospects.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
https://twitter.com/#!/kluedeke29/status/81190413385474048

We have discussed Gorton here before. Rangers assistant director of player personnel since 2008. He joined the Rangers as a pro scout in 2007 after getting fired from Boston. Gordie Clark and Gorton run the Rangers personnel department.

Selected Kessel,Lucic and Marchand in the first 3 rounds in 2006

Andrew Raycroft for Rask

Signed Chara and Savard as free agents

Peter Chiarelli was still under contract to Ottawa and couldn't join them into after July 1. Mike O'Connell had been fired and Gortion was the interim GM.

I'd say the guy knows what he's doing.

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
I said it before & I'll say it again...

1. SO SO glad he didn't get hired by the Panthers when that GM vacancy was for the taking.

2. I think more highly of him than Risebrough.

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
If I am Dolan/Sather, I lock up Groton and Clark for as long and as much as they want...those are the guys you overpay for.

I think you don't see Sather getting hosed on trades because he has both of those guys in his ear.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
There's the youtube video of Gorton talking to McPhee about trading up 1 spot. Gorton wanted the Swede. Backstrom. The Caps wanted him too. Clark and Gorton basically run the Rangers with Sather. Schoenfeld travels with the team on the road helping out with the D and at the morning skate. He sits with Sather at the games. Besides keeping tabs on the Whale,he doesn't do anything else. Doesn't scout anywhere. Doesn't negotiate any contracts. Cam Hope negotiates the entry level deals and helps Sather with the other deals. Hope does all of the CBA stuff. Clark,Gorton and Hedberg in Europe run the personnel and scouting staffs. They handle the draft. Even when it came time to acquire Erixon,Clark and his staff pushed for Erixon. Next Friday,Clark and Gorton will look at the options with Sather at the draft.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Really interesting stuff guys...

Glad this guy's in a position where he has a voice.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Werent people advocating him for Sathers job when he steps down? Definitely seems like a viable candidate.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Werent people advocating him for Sathers job when he steps down? Definitely seems like a viable candidate.

He'd absolutely be my choice. Knows the system and has a good track record. I also feel like he'd be less inclined to make a "splash" when he took the position compared to a guy like Messier. Something tells me a guy like Mess would want to put his stamp on the team right away. With Gorton, he's already put his stamp on things.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I was advocating that everyone move up 1 spot. Clark as GM, Gorton as Director of Player Personnel and Messier as his assistant. If Sather wanted to stay on as President, that's fine. I just want to get him out of being involved in player decisions.

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
I was advocating that everyone move up 1 spot. Clark as GM, Gorton as Director of Player Personnel and Messier as his assistant. If Sather wanted to stay on as President, that's fine. I just want to get him out of being involved in player decisions.

From your lips to Dolan's tiny brain.

Mint Berry Crunch

Bring the crunch.
May 8, 2009
Long Island, NY

From a business POV, & a in terms of making progress with the franchise -
that makes complete sense.

..that's why it will never happen. :laugh:

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach

So when u buying the team and getting this done ;) it's a great idea just probably never happens with Dolan at the helm.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So when u buying the team and getting this done ;) it's a great idea just probably never happens with Dolan at the helm.

<- checks wallet...

Seems I'm a bit short. Maybe I can get some compromising photos of Dolan and Isaiah.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
He'd absolutely be my choice. Knows the system and has a good track record. I also feel like he'd be less inclined to make a "splash" when he took the position compared to a guy like Messier. Something tells me a guy like Mess would want to put his stamp on the team right away. With Gorton, he's already put his stamp on things.

Excellent point.

All the Satherites around here always ask well who would my choice for GM be? Still the same answers - Hedberg or Gorton. Great thing that we have both in the organization, but if Slither stays much longer these guys will leave for GM positions they deserve.

There's the youtube video of Gorton talking to McPhee about trading up 1 spot. Gorton wanted the Swede. Backstrom. The Caps wanted him too. Clark and Gorton basically run the Rangers with Sather. Schoenfeld travels with the team on the road helping out with the D and at the morning skate. He sits with Sather at the games. Besides keeping tabs on the Whale,he doesn't do anything else. Doesn't scout anywhere. Doesn't negotiate any contracts. Cam Hope negotiates the entry level deals and helps Sather with the other deals. Hope does all of the CBA stuff. Clark,Gorton and Hedberg in Europe run the personnel and scouting staffs. They handle the draft. Even when it came time to acquire Erixon,Clark and his staff pushed for Erixon. Next Friday,Clark and Gorton will look at the options with Sather at the draft.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=493618

Don't forget him, he's been very involved the last 3 years.

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
Excellent point.

All the Satherites around here always ask well who would my choice for GM be? Still the same answers - Hedberg or Gorton. Great thing that we have both in the organization, but if Slither stays much longer these guys will leave for GM positions they deserve.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=493618

Don't forget him, he's been very involved the last 3 years.

Is Mikey working or is he just Sather's golf buddy, you don't really hear much about him.

gotmonte

Feb 2, 2010
New York
You can SEE the direction the team has gone since we have gotten great scouting.

Its a shame there was a major lull in our scouting for years. Otherwise we would be a completely different team (in a good way of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad