Injury Report: JEE: Lower Body Injury

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I know this thread is going way off the rails at this point... but apparently 94% of people have unwanted or intrusive thoughts which are the cornerstone of OCD.

What prevents the people from being full blown obsessive compulsive is how they deal with those thoughts.

Obviously these are examples of intrusive thoughts that jump out in my mind in particular. At some point when a thought jumps out enough, it does yourself some good just to voice it, which is all I'm doing. I'm not trying to stop anyone from using it, just saying what it does in my head everytime I hear or read it.

Do We All Have a Little OCD?

Do We All Have a Little OCD?
Written by Julia Haskins on April 12, 2014
Those nagging concerns that interrupt our day-to-day lives aren’t always a sign of serious mental distress. As it turns out, an overwhelming majority of us are pestered by some unwelcome thoughts.
Obsessive-compulsive thinking is completely normal, with about 94 percent of the population experiencing some kind of unwanted or intrusive thought at some point, according to an international study co-authored by Adam Radomsky, a professor of psychology at Concordia University in Montréal, Canada.

Reactions: FVM

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
They translates easier to players and fans who have English as a 2nd language

Just no. It's easier to understand and use proper, grammatically sound phrases when you speak English as your 2nd language. Not to mention 'compete level' sounds really, really dumb.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eriksson Ek and Greenway haven't shown much either and Kunin has to start somewhere. The only point I agree on is not to rush him to the NHL after his injury.
Agreed. Just want to Kunin to be not only healthy, but have had a chance to get in game conditioning and timing back before he comes back to the NHL. It takes time.
I can see Greenway and Ek being useful middle six players, even though they might be limited offensively. I want Kunin to be a RH sniper, and to be working on that down in the NHL That's what he was in college, and that's why was picked over Bellows in the draft. If he ends up being just a gritty bottom six wing with mediocre speed, size, and scoring ability then it's a another first rounder wasted, as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just no. It's easier to understand and use proper, grammatically sound phrases when you speak English as your 2nd language. Not to mention 'compete level' sounds really, really dumb.
It might be different over in Europe, but over here, most athletes aren't known for their grammar.

Just like most writers aren't known for their hockey.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Probably safe for you to say it. People that are not used to constantly being wrong, wouldn't say it yet.

Oh, yeah wrong about what? It's funny how fast the narrative on Fletcher has changed since he left. Or after the draft how pissed off people were about Fenton and the draft (especially the first round pick). Or getting bounced year after year. JEE is close to 100 games and has only 9 goals and 14 assists...

Last year he went from October 5th until February 19th without scoring a single goal. What is that 50+ games? He had 6 goals, 10 assists in 75 games.

That's .08 goals per game.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Oh, yeah wrong about what? It's funny how fast the narrative on Fletcher has changed since he left. Or after the draft how pissed off people were about Fenton and the draft (especially the first round pick). Or getting bounced year after year. JEE is close to 100 games and has only 9 goals and 14 assists...

Last year he went from October 5th until February 19th without scoring a single goal. What is that 50+ games? He had 6 goals, 10 assists in 75 games.

Is there a point in there somewhere?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Let me ask you this, if Eriksson Ek was on the following trajectory, would you still stay he was close to busting?

1. Drafted
2. Played his draft +1 season in Sweden, producing like he did
3. Played his draft +2 season in Sweden, producing like he did
4. Played his draft +3 season in the AHL, producing ~.75 or .80 points-per-game (was ppg in limted games)
5. Played 3 NHL games and got hurt

You're basing pretty much everything on a 20/21 year old season where a lot people think he would've been better served at a lower level.

So if you change your question to "are you slightly worried that the organization might've put him behind the 8 ball a little bit?" Then my answer to that is 'yes'. But you jumped right to "close to busting", which I find quite ridiculous at this point.

Reactions: 2Pair

Neuuman

May 6, 2012
Regardless of what the opinions are of JEE, with one OT win in 5 games thus far I would fully expect that someone who currently resides in Des Moines will be in the lineup tomorrow night. IMHO.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Let me ask you this, if Eriksson Ek was on the following trajectory, would you still stay he was close to busting?

1. Drafted
2. Played his draft +1 season in Sweden, producing like he did
3. Played his draft +2 season in Sweden, producing like he did
4. Played his draft +3 season in the AHL, producing ~.75 or .80 points-per-game (was ppg in limted games)
5. Played 3 NHL games and got hurt

You're basing pretty much everything on a 20/21 year old season where a lot people think he would've been better served at a lower level.

So if you change your question to "are you slightly worried that the organization might've put him behind the 8 ball a little bit?" Then my answer to that is 'yes'. But you jumped right to "close to busting", which I find quite ridiculous at this point.
This is the same person who declared Dumba a bust while he was still in juniors because he seemed to take a step back in his development. Then again declared Dumba a bust during his first two pro seasons. Called Granlund a bust for becoming a near 70pt winger.

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Ek is so far from being considered a bust right now it's not even funny. He has about three more years of development before he should be entering his prime so he's got time. That being said... 23 pts with 9 goals in 93 games is a little concerning given his talent. Obviously a lot of those games he's seen around 10 mins of ice time with less than stellar line mates but still he needs to score more. Hopefully he gets healthy here in a week or two and gets his spot back on the top line. Pretty good sign Bruce is willing to try him there at least. Bottom line is he is definitely, 100% not a bust.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Eriksson Ek at 20/21 years old: 8 points in 8 AHL games; 16 points in 75 NHL games

Granlund at the same age: 28 points in 29 AHL games; 8 points in 27 NHL games
Zucker at the same age: 50 points in 55 AHL games; 5 points in 20 NHL games
Coyle at the same age: 25 points in 47 AHL games; 14 points in 37 NHL (riding shotgun with Parise/Koivu on the top line, if I remember correctly)
Nino at the same age: 50 points in 74 AHL games; no NHL games

Just for comparison's sake.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille