Injury Report: JEE: Lower Body Injury

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Just call up the FWD playing the best in Iowa. Coyle is a better center than any of the options down there anyways.
Coyle is better center than both Greenway and JEE but he still played wing cause he’s at his best there.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Coyle is better center than both Greenway and JEE but he still played wing cause he’s at his best there.

The best center in the AHL might be Cal O'Reilly. I'll take Kloos or Rau on the wings and Coyle as the center over O'Reilly.

If Liambas is the call-up then it's a 100% GMPF move.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The best center in the AHL might be Cal O'Reilly. I'll take Kloos or Rau on the wings and Coyle as the center over O'Reilly.

If Liambas is the call-up then it's a 100% GMPF move.
I’d take Rau in a heartbeat. Love the kid’s compete level. Matt Read is probably first callup.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’d take Rau in a heartbeat. Love the kid’s compete level. Matt Read is probably first callup.
I hate that term so much. It's a pointless term to even exist because competitiveness already covers it.

Coaches like Yeo started using it because they didn't have a clear understanding of the English language or something... then their repetitive use of it in interviews started to ingrain it in others.

That said, I also love how competitive Rau is.

Reactions: FVM and BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I hate that term so much. It's a pointless term to even exist because competitiveness already covers it.

Coaches like Yeo started using it because they didn't have a clear understanding of the English language or something... then their repetitive use of it in interviews started to ingrain it in others.

Always bothers me too. I'm really glad I'm not the only one.

My happy level is through the roof. :sarcasm:

Reactions: TaLoN

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Why do any synonyms exist? Why isn’t there just one phrase for one thing? People are so boring :shakehead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coming from the guy who wanted to argue that Greenway was a center... Kunin can and does play all three forward spots
I want to pump the brakes on Kunin, make sure he is totally healed, and have him develop his game a bit. I didn't see much in him when he played last year, but he is basically our only prospect who has top 6 potential. Let's not use him as an injury plug in....gotta be more mindful of his future than that.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I want to pump the brakes on Kunin, make sure he is totally healed, and have him develop his game a bit. I didn't see much in him when he played last year, but he is basically our only prospect who has top 6 potential. Let's not use him as an injury plug in....gotta be more mindful of his future than that.
Eriksson Ek and Greenway haven't shown much either and Kunin has to start somewhere. The only point I agree on is not to rush him to the NHL after his injury.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why do any synonyms exist? Why isn’t there just one phrase for one thing? People are so boring :shakehead
I have no problem with synonyms in general, but this phrase came literally out of nowhere 6-7 years ago or so... that and "battle level".... when used, my mind takes it about as well as fingernails to a chalkboard.

If you think going around and saying your "happy level" like @BagHead mentioned or "sad level" or "observe level" or "humble level" sounds good in any way in any conversation... then I just don't know.

To me, that comes across as someone just has a limited vocabulary to work with, so they're fumbling to express themselves.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I have no problem with synonyms in general, but this phrase came literally out of nowhere 6-7 years ago or so... that and "battle level".... when used, my mind takes it about as well as fingernails to a chalkboard.

If you think going around and saying your "happy level" like @BagHead mentioned or "sad level" or "observe level" or "humble level" sounds good in any way in any conversation... then I just don't know.

To me, that comes across as someone just has a limited vocabulary to work with, so they're fumbling to express themselves.
Your post is just cringe worthy. Who cares? People know what I mean when I say "compete level." If you don't like you have two options: 1) get over it 2) ignore it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Your post is just cringe worthy. Who cares? People know what I mean when I say "compete level." If you don't like you have two options: 1) get over it 2) ignore it.
Don't get me wrong here... I'm not targeting you or anyone in this, I'm just saying how much my mind grates on the term and why.

I don't mean to tick anyone off, just pointing out that I'm not a fan of the evolution of that phrase, nothing more.

Just a random conversational note that I blame on NHL coaches from several years back.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Don't get me wrong here... I'm not targeting you or anyone in this, I'm just saying how much my mind grates on the term and why.

I don't mean to tick anyone off, just pointing out that I'm not a fan of the evolution of that phrase, nothing more.

Just a random conversational note that I blame on NHL coaches from several years back.
I just think it's dumb that it bothers you that much. It's just a term Yeo coined. No reason to be mad about it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I just think it's dumb that it bothers you that much. It's just a term Yeo coined. No reason to be mad about it.
You often don't have much of a choice in what does and doesn't bother you in your own mind when your mind takes something in a fingernail to chalkboard fashion.

Sometimes things can just sound inherently bad to an individual.

For years I had a similar issue with the pronunciation of the word "often".

I had learned to pronounce it with the t being silent, but it wasn't until I was in high school that I started hearing it pronounced with the t not being silent.

I knew both ways were acceptable and were supposed to be common...i just hadn't heard the not silent t version before in actual conversation. When i did, it was like a fire alarm going off in my head that it was wrong, even though I knew it wasn't.

So, maybe it is dumb that it bugs me, but it's not like I can just change how my own brain sorts this stuff.

It's an OCD like tendency that everyone has to different degrees. :dunno:

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Meh, they are easy to say, simple phrases, that (most) everyone over the age of 5 can understand. They translates easier to players and fans who have English as a 2nd language; even in the US word's meanings (not definitions) vary by region and generation. Remember these phrases are used when is speaking to the common masses. The same common masses that can't grasp the concept of their, there, and they're; and somehow YOLO became a thing. :loony:

It's also an inoffensive way to describe a player/team recent game.
- "Battle level" sounds nicer than "the dude got his ass handed to him every time along the boards".
- "Compete level" sound better than "the guy was lazy/lackadaisical".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad