Player Discussion Jason Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
12.5%

I'm just saying, there's a scenario where Zucker puts up a 30+20 playing with Koivu/Granlund and all of a sudden we might be bribing Vegas to take Brodin or somebody.

What color is the sky in this world scenario?Expecting Zucker to double both his goal and assist totals is extremely optimistic.

Slick Willy*

He's going to Vegas, and that's a fact. So we get him for 1 more year then..?

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
He's going to Vegas, and that's a fact. So we get him for 1 more year then..?

If he has a bounce back year wonder if CF would protect him and trade him to Vegas? Wild could choose who Vegas picks, a lesser quality player through the draft. Then trade Zucker and receive a player that Vegas picked from one of the other teams or draft picks.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
What color is the sky in this world scenario?Expecting Zucker to double both his goal and assist totals is extremely optimistic.

No doubt, but even he said on KFAN that the whole contract thing was getting into his head a lot more than it should have. He was trying too hard because he knew those would be the stats CF and his Agent would be using to negotiate his deal. I don't blame him in that aspect. He is just getting married in a month and the whole process could be pretty overwhelming for those who haven't really done it. The last time he was getting a contract he got bare bones because he was barely playing. He knew he was a staple to the team now and it could affect how much he was really worth.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
It's totally possible for Zucker to put up 30 goals. With a new coach and Granlund on the wing? granny-koivu-zucker? The guy was on pace for 37 goals a couple years ago.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It's totally possible for Zucker to put up 30 goals. With a new coach and Granlund on the wing? granny-koivu-zucker? The guy was on pace for 37 goals a couple years ago.

Last season was a good example of why "on pace" stats aren't recognized as indicators of how good a player truly is. He was on pace for an insane point total early season, then totally fell off as the year went on. That's not actually abnormal, for a player to get hot for part of the season and go cold for the rest, that's what most scoring middle 6 players do. He probably does have the skill to be able to pot 30, but he lacks the consistency to do it, possibly because he lacks enough confidence when his game isn't going right to turn it back around.

Honestly, I think Zucker still has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer too, but right now I'm in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode.

Good story above. I heard him on KFAN today talking a little about it this morning, but I wasn't sure where to find it. Thanks!

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I hope Zucker doesn't get picked in the expansion draft. Just because everyone thinks he will:popcorn:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So where does Zucker fit in the Wild lineup now? Don't see him breaking the top 6 (without an injury) anytime soon. I could see him benched when Haula comes back.

Hopefully he's stayed late at practice and worked on his breakaway shooting. I don't remember seeing a guy getting so many breakaways and not scoring at least once.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
So where does Zucker fit in the Wild lineup now? Don't see him breaking the top 6 (without an injury) anytime soon. I could see him benched when Haula comes back.

Hopefully he's stayed late at practice and worked on his breakaway shooting. I don't remember seeing a guy getting so many breakaways and not scoring at least once.

Brodziak.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

No that honor should belong to Chris Stewart.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I can't believe how good he was two years ago. 21 in 51 iirc. Sad to see he might never touch that again.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Very soft. Try Nino out on other lines till Haula gets back, then reunite them and Poms.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Very soft. Try Nino out on other lines till Haula gets back, then reunite them and Poms.

If Nino starts playing well with Staal/Coyle, leave him there.

If he Nino doesn't get click with Staal/Coyle, I'd like to see them try JEE before Zucker. Mainly to get the most out of JEE's 9 games. I'd rather know it didn't work than wonder if it did before JEE gets sent (possibly) to SHL/Iowa. Really I think it's about line chemistry right now.

JEE?/Staal/Coyle
Parise/Koivu/Granny
Nino/Haula/Pommer
Zucker?/Dalpe/Stewie? (Pokemon?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad