Player Discussion Jason Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Just stop. Even RC is against using Boll now, you should too.
Because he got hurt and most likely has not fully recovered. In the playoffs if the Ducks start getting physically dominated like the Edmonton series don't be surprised if Boll gets back in there

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I don't think Chimera and Kelly have been bad per se, it's just that they don't look to be any better than anyone else that has passed through that rotation of bleh (Grant excluded). This still seems like more of a locker room move than anything, which I'm fine with, but there's no way that Chim/Kelly are notably faster than Wags/Brown, that reasoning doesn't pass the eye test.

Reactions: Spazkat

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Kelly and Chimera have been nothing more than ho-hum on the ice. And if Bob brought in total strangers to think either would spread magic pixie dust in a locker room full of strangers, then he's an idiot.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Adding depth veteran/character guys to the room for a playoff run is hardly idiotic. Adding them with the idea that they'll solve some bigger existing leadership issue is another story.

Reactions: Kalv and gilfaizon

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Adding depth veteran/character guys to the room for a playoff run is hardly idiotic. Adding them with the idea that they'll solve some bigger existing leadership issue is another story.

Seems to me your last sentence contradicts your first. Bringing in depth guys in case of injury makes sense. Bringing them in to improve a locker room at this point in the season means you have bigger problems that won't be solved by total strangers who have not previously been a part of your team.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Seems to me your last sentence contradicts your first. Bringing in depth guys in case of injury makes sense. Bringing them in to improve a locker room at this point in the season means you have bigger problems that won't be solved by total strangers who have not previously been a part of your team.

Hmm.

Think of it as, the more the merrier in terms of adding more experience to the mix, as opposed to trying to "fix" something that's lacking.

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
Think of it as, the more the merrier in terms of adding more experience to the mix, as opposed to trying to "fix" something that's lacking.

Ducks were 4th oldest team before trades at deadline. Now they probably share 1st with Detroit.
That's like Wax Museum experience level, except Ducks are a bit slower.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Yeah, I don't love it, but I just fail to see how having more vets in the room is a negative. On the ice? It seems negligible so far, but time will tell. As long as Grant gets favor over Vermette, I think the wingers wash out.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah, I don't love it, but I just fail to see how having more vets in the room is a negative. On the ice? It seems negligible so far, but time will tell. As long as Grant gets favor over Vermette, I think the wingers wash out.
I never said more vets were a negative. Some people have speculated that those two were brought in to improve the locker room. My original comment was to say I don't buy into that theory. If that's why Bob brought them in, I do think it is idiotic. Certainly nobody sees them as helping on the ice.

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

I agree, but removing your most physical forward before a playoff run is. Especially since you're replacing him with a vet who looks like they're done.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Still waiting for that fabled old man speed Bob promised to show up, looked like he had a 1v1 chance tonight only to get caught by 2 different Blues on the back check.

I miss Wagner.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
He's awful. The only reason he's not getting more shit is because he's able to stoopfish with Kelly here. Such a stupid trade.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Still waiting for that fabled old man speed Bob promised to show up, looked like he had a 1v1 chance tonight only to get caught by 2 different Blues on the back check.

I miss Wagner.

He was run down twice last night that I can remember.

My daughter was at the game with me and she does not know anything about Hockey asked me after he was caught from behind, "Why is that guy so slow?"

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
He was run down twice last night that I can remember.

My daughter was at the game with me and she does not know anything about Hockey asked me after he was caught from behind, "Why is that guy so slow?"
Its ok, we didn't trade for him for on ice performance. All about making that push for the 2018 best locker room cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad