Player Discussion Jason Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Chimera will have to be really good to make me like this trade.

Wagner wasn`t McDavid, but he was a reliable and versitile player that played Ducks brand of hockey. He surely wasn`t the worst on that 4th line.

Reactions: Duck Off

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I hope he's here to help our shutdown line. Silf and Kes aren't that great against speed. Chimera is a big guy who is incredibly fast. Used right he'll make this team a nightmare to play against.

So RC is gonna put him on the top line....

Reactions: Getz2perry

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Chimera:
5th-worst on-ice shot attempt differential;
2nd-highest rate of high-danger scoring chances allowed;
3rd-highest rate of all scoring chances allowed;
7th-highest rate of shot attempts allowed;
2nd-lowest number of goals scored (2)
5th-lowest number of points scored (10)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Chimera:

Sounds like they did do their scouting and found someone that will fit right in.

Reactions: 70sSanO

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Chimera:
The guy is a winger, how much responsibility can he really have with this stuff?

I mean, the Islanders are a historically bad defensive team so take these numbers with a pretty big grain of salt unless everyone here thinks chimera was an important cog in their system.

Reactions: Getz2perry

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
These two trades remind me of how we picked up Brad May in our cup year. It seems like RC is going back to an old formula.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
These two trades remind me of how we picked up Brad May in our cup year. It seems like RC is going back to an old formula.
Like when he had that goon 4th line May/Marchant/Shawn Thornton. I still remember the playoffs when May punched a Wild player in the face who was caught off guard, he only got suspended for 3 games or something, today thats what 20 games if that happened in todays NHL ?

Reactions: Terry Yake

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Like when he had that goon 4th line May/Marchant/Shawn Thornton. I still remember the playoffs when May punched a Wild player in the face who was caught off guard, he only got suspended for 3 games or something, today thats what 20 games if that happened in todays NHL ?
I'd love to have that 4th line. Can we bring them out of retirement instead of Kelly?

Goducks

Jan 28, 2018
I think chimera is being under sold among us ducks fans I mean he is coming off back to back 20 goal seasons. I know he's 38 but for everyone who says he has lost his acceleration how many of us have actually seen him play thus year to make that assumption, I strongly believe he' quite a bit of an upgrade over wagner.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think chimera is being under sold among us ducks fans I mean he is coming off back to back 20 goal seasons. I know he's 38 but for everyone who says he has lost his acceleration how many of us have actually seen him play thus year to make that assumption, I strongly believe he' quite a bit of an upgrade over wagner.

There are some here who have seemingly never seen him play and still made assumptions, so it'd be unfair to say you had so see a lot of him this year to judge.

But seriously, that's fine. Everyone makes assumptions initially, he'll be in the lineup to prove people right and wrong soon enough.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

He still has some wheels just not quite the skater he was. Value wise I would have expected Wagner to be worth more but my complaints aren’t at this move it’s the lack of addressing the hole on the blueline. Ian Cole would have been ideal for the price he went for.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

The argument seems to be "he's old and not producing this year", followed by "yeah, but he's playing with bottom 6 players in New York, what would you expect", to which I would reply - exactly the same production. He's gonna be playing with similar players here.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
When they zoomed in on him during the game he looked like a coach lol looks like Marchant out there with the boys for practice

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
my first impression after the blue jackets game is he looked pretty decent.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
He’s not being undersold, he just doesn’t address the teams’ most pressing needs.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I came in with expectations of a Wagner type and he looks better than that so far to me. this could quickly go the other way though.

quad65

I could agree with you, but then we are both wrong
At least he and Kelly were not overwhelmed with Columbus speedy skaters ... same cannot be said about Vermette ... Hopefully Getzlaf returns today and with Grant as the 4th line center this could actually be a decent 4th line with speed, size and some skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad