Waived: Jarret Stoll (Claimed by MIN)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Rangers have announced that 12/15 will be Jarret Stoll night for his contributions to the franchise.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
You're forgetting that Lindberg has looked very comfortable at center--been pretty solid on draws too--while fitting in fine on the wing. I think AV is sold on him as depth at center if needed.

Also, while Moore didn't play poorly on the wing, the forth line looks better with him at center. And Stoll was molasses slow--only thing he did well was win draws and couldn't play wing period. Glass looked better than him on the wing (which isn't saying much but made this decision much easier...).

I meant more along the lines of a timing thing. I have zero issue with playing Moore as 4C, certainly no issue with Oscar playing 3C.

We're just down one C already that's all I meant.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
With him gone, the Rangers will need a RH center that can win strong side draws in the D-Zone.

Shame losing the guy while hanging onto Glass, but he just couldn't skate well enough for this system where all four lines play with pace.

Best of luck to him. I know its a hit for him personally, he and his girlfriend Erin Andrews were able to enjoy NYC.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The last player we lost through a waiver claim, if I'm correct, was Jeff Halpern. Also a center with experience who would help us out but turned out to be outplayed by others.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Don't like this. Stoll is the exact type of player the Rangers need when/if the playoffs roll around. He takes dumbass holding and interference penalties, but most of those infractions go uncalled in the playoffs.

I think a playoff contender claims him.

Hey, Sharks and Dan Boyle fan here...

Just wanted to say that he has this correct. The Kings are not built for the regular season in as much as they are for the playoffs. Above is why they excel in the post season.

However, with the start of the dead puck era II, I don't think the Kings will be able to count on that as much this year. There are plenty of teams practicing holding and interference this year out in the west.

Letting Boyle go to UFA was just as stupid too. Sharks have never recovered, defensively, since Boyle departed. For what? I believe $4.5M on a two year contract? Sounds worth keeping him even though it's a 35+ contract.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Had no clue there were waiver fees paid to the team when someone gets claimed. NYR collect $3,375 due to losing Stoll from the Wild.

CWSObdfUsAQZOoq.png

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I still don't think losing him is the biggest deal, but I am having trouble getting that it was just this move and not some combination of things that could potentially make the 4th line cohesive.

No matter what they have no vision of identity for the 4th line, it's just a mishmash of players that have almost no hope of coming together to be better than their individual talents, one of which, maybe even two of which, have very questionable yet different talents to begin with.

Last edited:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
more stupidness from this organization.

must be they didn't get the same negative info we got about jared stool. lol

dump stool and keep glass. like jared stool was the problem. and glass scores his first goal in forever and bingo. how long before he's on the 2nd line ??

the problem is simple. its starts with mcdonagh, girardi, nash and kreider.

clowns

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Everyone's mad about Glass but Stoll has been just as bad this year as Glass was last year.

It's like being mad we got rid of Summers because Girardi is still on the top pair.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Everyone's mad about Glass but Stoll has been just as bad this year as Glass was last year.

It's like being mad we got rid of Summers because Girardi is still on the top pair.

just as bad ? really.

i see glass was claimed when he was waived right ? so many teams want him. not. he's worse than stoll. period.

at 1 mil., and in that context, stoll wasnt even near bad. he was actually good value. i mean, who was really better than stoll on the roster that wasnt playing ? no one.

stoll wasnt hurting this team at all. he is today still a better player than tanner glass. he just is.

Badko

Jan 9, 2007
I'm amazed at the obsession on these boards with Tanner Glass. He's a fourth liner for goodness sake. He's not changing our fortunes one way or the other. The top guys need to pick it up and start making winning a way of life around here.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
just as bad ? really.

i see glass was claimed when he was waived right ? so many teams want him. not. he's worse than stoll. period.

at 1 mil., and in that context, stoll wasnt even near bad. he was actually good value. i mean, who was really better than stoll on the roster that wasnt playing ? no one.

stoll wasnt hurting this team at all. he is today still a better player than tanner glass. he just is.

Worst possession player in the league, probably the worst offensive player in the league, bad penalty killer, undisciplined; he was absolutely hurting this team. I can't wait to have four lines again.

Right now, he's not a better player than Glass. Stoll got claimed because teams still value faceoffs and the fact that Stoll was on two stacked Cup teams back when he could still skate. I don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad