Waived: Jarret Stoll (Claimed by MIN)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
49.6 on this team is very solid. Glass really hasn't been bad at all.

Honestly I'm very ok with waiving Stoll over Glass at this point.

You just know we're a great hockey team when Tanner Glass is setting the bar high at 49.6 CF%.

That being said, he's been better than Stoll lately, who literally has only been useful for faceoffs. He had a good first period against the Isles, and that was about it as of late

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Away from Dominic Moore, Stoll has been a 30% possession player.

Moore away from Stoll is around 48%.

I think you can make a very strong case that Stoll is worse this year than Glass was last year.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
Good question. I'm not sure what they'd do, because RI. NASH is still valid for both. I doubt they'd do RIL NASH or RIC NASH.

Has this every happened before?

I remember about 15 years ago, the Buffalo Bills had Bucky Brooks and Billy Brooks on the team. Had their entire names on their jerseys, looked ridiculous.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
AV wants to give Stoll a chance to latch on with another NHL team, cool.

Remember when he did that with Glass, and none of the 29 other teams wanted a piece of him? Maybe that was a sign?

Is AV's world going to turn upside-down when Stoll gets claimed?

Of course not, because then he'll have even more of a reason to play Glass every night.

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
The right move

Not only was Stoll seemingly washed up but D. Moore is a center who can now play his real position. This was a solid move. Glass is a better winger than Stoll, Moore a better center than winger and we still have one too many centers when Stepan returns. And JT can play center if needed as well.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Why?

I thought Stoll has been serviceable... and is a good vet to have come postseason. Maybe something off the ice?

He is very slow and has zero ability to skate with the puck. Its 2015, that is what you want in a center. Grit? Sure, on the wing.

I am not puzzled by the pick-up of Stoll, I am however puzzled that he instantly was played over Moore and got a jersey to loose. Could have lived with him as a 13th forward, not more.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Stoll only makes 800k though so idk if that's the case.

Stoll is cheaper, signed just this season, can play C and is overall a better player than Glass. Glass sucks, 3-4 good games doesn't change 90+ atrocious ones.

Another one bites the dust, Glass wins again.

What good games did Glass have - Rangers have one, exactly one, win since he came up. He kills the previously good 4th line and frankly my 5 year old nephew could've scored that goal, Moore made the play.

Again, I think Dominic Moore is excellent on the 4th line with competent wingers. Yeah, the line sucks when his wingers are Glass, Stoll and Etem.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm tired of hearing about how Stoll's value will increase in the playoffs. If anything, it's corsi that becomes more important in the playoffs. The recent Cup winners prove that. Stoll has been a corsi disease.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I'm tired of hearing about how Stoll's value will increase in the playoffs. If anything, it's corsi that becomes more important in the playoffs. The recent Cup winners prove that. Stoll has been a corsi disease.

More jam & grind than Tony Hawk eating English muffins.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

That was the theory behind signing him, but he's literally been dreadful to watch. I honestly can count times I've noticed him this season on one hand

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That was the theory behind signing him, but he's literally been dreadful to watch. I honestly can count times I've noticed him this season on one hand

I liked the signing because in the past he was actually a very good shot suppressor. It just hasn't worked out.

If we were getting Jarrett Stoll from three years ago, then absolutely his value spikes in the playoffs.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I liked the signing because in the past he was actually a very good shot suppressor. It just hasn't worked out.

If we were getting Jarrett Stoll from three years ago, then absolutely his value spikes in the playoffs.

100% agreed. I really liked that management tried to make a shrewd, low risk, high reward move, but that hip injury really negated Stoll's potential.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
I see all these advanced stats being posted......Does anybody really think that an organization that played Tanner non stop last year over far better options and continues to give Girardi his absurd assignments and ice time this year uses or cares for them in the slightest? They also let go of Stralman over dumb and dumber when we could've had him for less.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I see all these advanced stats being posted......Does anybody really think that an organization that played Tanner non stop last year over far better options and continues to give Girardi his absurd assignments and ice time this year uses or cares for them in the slightest? They also let go of Stralman over dumb and dumber when we could've had him for less.

1-2 players means the organization doesn't care about advanced stats in the slightest. Got it. That post sums up a lot of things perfectly.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I don't know what the organization is thinking here. I'm just saying I like it because his stats suck.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
1-2 players means the organization doesn't care about advanced stats in the slightest. Got it. That post sums up a lot of things perfectly.

They certainly don't put too much of an emphasis on them like say.....idk.....the two teams that have won all the cups in the last half decade.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Stop it! You're killing me with this post. Painful!

SomE*

Glass has outplayed Stoll.

Therefore Stoll has been waived.

What's the problem here? Oh right.. Ranger fans are absolutely ridiculous.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The problem is assuming that Glass' play in the previous five games is more reflective of his future performance this his performance the past several years is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad