Sweatpant preference: we lost cause we weren’t united in the cause

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
They should move Carter to 4th line and give him less minutes ... the dude looked more gassed then the rest of the team.

First game back.

I'd still run him at 3c with E-Rod/Malkin at 2c.

Guentzel, Crosby, Simon
Heinen, E-Rod, Kapanen
Bjork, Carter, Simon
ZAR, Blueger, Boyle

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
First game back.

Guentzel, Crosby, Simon
Heinen, E-Rod, Kapanen
Bjork, Carter, Simon
ZAR, Blueger, Boyle
Playing Carter without giving him a practice was a mistake. The fact that he had more minutes than Sid was absurd. 21:11 TOI for his first game back after dealing with Covid and a huge break...
Stupid. Should have been sheltered and reduced minutes.

Pretty sure Malkin's playing the next one. There's a practice on the 10th. He gave a 10 day time frame before New Year's.
It's time.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
First game back.

Guentzel, Crosby, Simon
Heinen, E-Rod, Kapanen
Bjork, Carter, Simon
ZAR, Blueger, Boyle

I'm not worried about him... look what COVID did to Crosby for quite a few games.
Like @AuroraBorealis posted, no need to run Carter into the ground in his first game back.

Also, I hope we don't do the same thing to Malkin. Let him work his minutes up... no need to re-injure him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's 3 games in 3.5 days with travel. Everything looks worse when the legs aren't there and you're mentally exhausted. There was a huge drop off after the 1st.
I have zero concerns with the team executing the system. They've done that fairly well all year. Usually when we lose it's because of other reasons, like blowing high danger chances or making low percentage offensive plays and throwing possession away too easily.

Today was a little different in that we ran outta juice.

Dallas pushed really hard. Have to give them credit too. They are 13-3-1 at home for a reason. Won the previous 3 and are healthy. Their points % is right on the playoff line.

This game was lost when we couldn't make it 3-0 when they were sorta in shock and skating poorly. We missed some massive chances.

I didn't see them being quite so intimidated out there, if they were then they fell for some of the weakest "intimidation" I've ever witnessed. That certainly would be a Penguin thing to do, but I just didn't see it.

But maybe when you have 3 games in 4 days don't deliberately play 2 men short (Bjork and Friedman barely touched the ice at all) and run Jeff Carter -- who had a pretty weak game -- out of gas by playing him 21+ minutes in his first game back. Also don't screw with the line combos that had been working (ERod) unless you absolutely have no choice.

they play hard, thats not an issue. it breaks down when you have basically at least two lines that are extremely slow, cannot keep possession in the offensive zone and gets pinned down in a matter of seconds ...than you have those extensive shifts in your zone for a minute or so, where chances are something bad will happen quickly. The second we get decent fast lineup back that will go away.

For me, it was just the continued bad parts of the system that irked me a ton. Carter was basically a zombie out there, a lot of lapses defensively, Pettersson pinches at the worst possible time that leads to the Gurianov debacle.

They've now mentioned they will try to carry more forwards, I mean, you'd think this was the first f***ing time they've dealt with issues like this, oh wait...we're in year 3 of the Pandemic. They sent down Zo, then low and behold we have Rust & McGinn gone and Carter is back but not a single other forward to utilize. That's poor planning knowing you have a rough travel. Sorry, I am not going to play the sympathy card here and be like "Well, they tried and look at how they didn't have a body..."

Teams are carrying extra's since this pandemic, because of this, blokes that don't count towards the cap while they're on the weird black aces group. Also, I definitely saw them be intimated by the Stars bigger forwards in the last 30-40 mins of the game. They crashed the crease, the Pens tried to claw back, but it was always way too late when they did. Stars already did their damage by then, the Pens D was tired with the size of the Stars players.

Yet somehow, we had 7 D and they still managed to play some very sloppy hockey in the final 2 periods. The schedule wasn't given to them 5mins after the game. They have protocols that allow them to carry extra players and they chose not to outside of Friedman. That's just poor planning and execution given the experience the team has had with the "new covid-league" rules the last 2yrs not including this year.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The good is we get Malkin back Tuesday, supposedly.

The bad, if they continue to not bring extra players because all the way on the West and no call-ups that will arrive in time if before the next few they have more cases would be again, shooting yourself in the foot.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wear Carpenters pants, and yes, I wear my good khaki one's out. I'm not scared of who I am.... Come at me.

Remember, Jesus was a carpenter, @ColePens selling our souls for cups/wins doesn't affect me, the rest of you heathens are gonna hang from his hammer loop... Sweat pants and joggers... I'll tell ya all to get a pair, and fake it 'til you make it. All he'll see are my pants and be waved on bye. No judgement, no questions asked.

Reactions: ColePens

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Anyone else now getting ads for joggers and other athletic wear? :laugh:

I get lots of ads for humanitarian causes, Jared of Galleria Jewelry, and shaving supplies. What the f*** does Google have on me? :laugh:

@Harvey Birdman selected OLD NAVY.

PERMISSION TO BAN THIS USER

Oh NOW someone regrets giving up the levers of power. :laugh:

Also RIP my old Under Armor rashguard. That thing ruled.

Reactions: ColePens

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Playing Carter without giving him a practice was a mistake. The fact that he had more minutes than Sid was absurd. 21:11 TOI for his first game back after dealing with Covid and a huge break...
Stupid. Should have been sheltered and reduced minutes.

Pretty sure Malkin's playing the next one. There's a practice on the 10th. He gave a 10 day time frame before New Year's.
It's time.

I also noticed I put Simon twice in the lineup. But to your point, yes, Carter shouldn't see 20+ minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad