Post-Game Talk: |January 6|Pens win vs Flyers| Thats #10 in a row boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Where would he fit in the lineup? I don't see a place. I also don't see a place for you in the Posters Who "Get It" family.

You're posts are spam.
Ummm look at all of the injuries that we’ve had this year. Someone like McCann could have played anywhere in the top 9.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Ummm look at all of the injuries that we’ve had this year. Someone like McCann could have played anywhere in the top 9.

People are still clamoring for McCann? We were down our top 2 C's to start the year. Sure McCann would have been nice, but it's not like the ship sunk because he wasn' t available to us.

McCann never fit here and in this stacked F group, he wouldn't fit again.

Reactions: RSPens

Slick Arnold

Sponsor
Oct 4, 2005
I was just about to say the same thing. I'm on mobile and get audio ads playing simultaneously at the top and bottom of the page. Like how would that even be effective

If you don't have an add blocker, this site is worse than a free pR0n site. Sometimes I browse on the Ipad with no blocker, and then hate myself after 10s of it. The worst is the intentional add pop in delay that scrolls the screen down as you try to click into a thread, getting you to mis-click onto an add. Scum of the earth kind of stuff.

I would not recommend browsing hfboards without ad block. Last time I did that I think I even caught a comp virus on here because there's so many obnoxious and intrusive ads.

Adblock in general is nice though although lots of sites now are being obnoxious about it and will send you a message to disable it and not let you read content if you have it running. But I usually tell sites that tell me to disable it or else to f off unless I really really want to read their stuff.

You can disable ads for $1/month, single $12 purchase. It's very much worth it imho. Become a HFBoards Sponsor

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
People are still clamoring for McCann? We were down our top 2 C's to start the year. Sure McCann would have been nice, but it's not like the ship sunk because he wasn' t available to us.

Total BS on McCann never fitting here. He was very good for what he was and basically traded for pennies on the dollar. It was beyond dumb to trade or to not protect him over Blueger or Carter who currently both are considerably worse than him. McCann is a great finisher, good at producing chances, and that "fits" on every team that wants to win hockey games. PIT needs more McCanns, not less. I also am tired of hearing him "not producing in the POs last year" where ALL of our players didn't produce. A good player is a good player.

Perron, Zucker, and Brassard never fit here and you can argue that only 1 of them is any good (Perron). McCann was great and you are wrong.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
McGinn is twice as player Tanev is...and he is dying on that shit line, the guy has some serious offensive skills and would be awesome in different combo, maybe Kappy on the other wing, or anyone but ZAR
He has 9 goals 13 points on that "shit line". That 9 goals is tied for 3rd on the team.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Total BS on McCann never fitting here. He was very good for what he was and basically traded for pennies on the dollar. It was beyond dumb to trade or to not protect him over Blueger or Carter who currently both are considerably worse than him. McCann is a great finisher, good at producing chances, and that "fits" on every team that wants to win hockey games. PIT needs more McCanns, not less. I also am tired of hearing him "not producing in the POs last year" where ALL of our players didn't produce. A good player is a good player.

Perron, Zucker, and Brassard never fit here and you can argue that only 1 of them is any good (Perron). McCann was great and you are wrong.

Are you talking about the same Jeff Carter who stood in and took 1C duties and allowed us to hold serve and actually win some games while Sid was out with wrist and Covid? Or is there a different Carter on this team I'm not aware of?

Is this also the same Jeff Carter who was the only 1 with a pulse during the NYI playoff series?

I won't argue that he's tailed off currently, but he and Jarry were (are) the only reason we remained in the playoff hunt early this year so this may all be moot if Carter would've been jettisoned.

Flip a coin over Blu and McCann- I really can't make a case for Blu except that he was a C and we were in dire need of those to start the year. McCann wasn't exceptional at W or C during his time here so it's weird that there's this amount of hang wringing over what could have been.

McCann had a TON of opportunities during his time as a Pen and he shat away each one- that is immutable

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Huh? He was our #2 5v5 producer last year and improved every line he was on. Was good defensively. Had the most PPG's on the team with half of the minutes of the healthy PP1 regulars.

Just because we managed to absorb losing him to this point doesn't mean he wasn't good here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

McCann was a solid option, but the team does not miss him at all.

Reactions: RSPens and Al Smith

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Are you talking about the same Jeff Carter who stood in and took 1C duties and allowed us to hold serve and actually win some games while Sid was out with wrist and Covid? Or is there a different Carter on this team I'm not aware of?

Is this also the same Jeff Carter who was the only 1 with a pulse during the NYI playoff series?

I won't argue that he's tailed off currently, but he and Jarry were (are) the only reason we remained in the playoff hunt early this year so this may all be moot if Carter would've been jettisoned.

Flip a coin over Blu and McCann- I really can't make a case for Blu except that he was a C and we were in dire need of those to start the year. McCann wasn't exceptional at W or C during his time here so it's weird that there's this amount of hang wringing over what could have been.

McCann had a TON of opportunities during his time as a Pen and he shat away each one- that is immutable
Seattle wouldn't have taken Carter. Jeff had already quit on a team he didn't want to play for before and is 37 so he could easily retire instead.

blondu

Jun 3, 2016
I know its offtopic but what's the song that starts the 2nd period?

its min 3.30

RSPens

May 25, 2015
You might be the only other bloke here that understands that canucks fans are assholes. I go each time the Pens are in town and it's awful. They're always the f***ing worst. Zero redeeming qualities and their whiny blame of non fans torching their city after finals losses is bs. That is how their fans are as a whole.

We literally say nothing to them and mind our own. No heckling etc. But they get aggressive and in not only my face, but my wife's face with hateful shit.
I find this very interesting. I live in BC but after the Pens, I like the Flames. However, I was in Vancouver 8 years ago to watch the Pens and didn't have any issues with any fans at all. I am sure I had a Pens hat on too. But maybe it was because the majority of the people in the section I was in were Pens fans. What I found most interesting about the whole experience was looking around at the the fans jersey's that were worn. Most of the kids that I could see had Pens jersey's (the Crosby factor, I'm sure), most of their dads all had Canucks jersey's (not really surprising), but what I found interesting were the grandpas were primarily wearing Leafs jerseys.

Now, I do know that Canucks fans can be horrible, but it is usually towards their team and their city. I was in Calgary in 2004 and even after the loss, people were primarily still a great mood and there was very little violence or destruction. In fact the only thing I saw was a couple garbage cans on fire. Now we all know what happened in Vancouver in 2011, they tried to destroy their city. But, other than Ottawa and Winterpeg the other Canadian NHL cities aren't much better. I don't remember what year it was but I remember seeing Montreal tip over and burn police cars after a playoff WIN. Toronto lost their brains and rioted over fake lakes. Edmonton tried to burn down Whyte Ave after they lost in the finals.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I get to mostly watch highlights and my god, Erod? Hes playing like.... a super star. The moves hes making and confidence in shooting.. wow.
He's showing Guentzel-level savvy and sneakiness and actually (I can't believe I'm typing this) driving plays while Sid is on the ice. Not just holding on to his coattails. Anyone who saw this coming is fibbing.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I like hextall. He's a master at gaining assets and boosting drafting and development. I used to defend Rutherford but months later I realized just how much damage that stupid old f*** did to this team. Cups are great but he destroyed the future of this team even when he didn't even need to and could have still kept this team strong.

The Hagelin deal sticks out to me so much. That one destroyed the dressing room and then the stupid old f*** doesn't even get that when you retain, you can't trade for that player back that same season.

I feel bad for Pearson coming into that situation.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Well, I live 15 miles south of the Peace Arch border, thus 35 minutes from Richmond, so I think your position is debatable, but that is a different region of SE Asia for sure. Now, the Surrey long-haul truckers are a different story all together!
I'd pay that in a heartbeat to finally experience the Saddledome. Did they give up on replacing it? Don't tell me Atlanta wants another go at it? :rolleyes:

The Saddledome is my favorite away barn thus far.
The December 2019 game went fairly well until we headed to our car, parked next to BC Place, like 3 or 4 20 something punks wearing Nucks sweaters started taunting me and my 13 year old son and I was pretty sure the issue was going to be forced. My boy is a LAX player and tough but not mean, and he weighed maybe 120lbs soaking wet at the time and I figured it was going to be a mess. We got to the car, they caught up with us, my son, who does have a mouth, go figure, spun to the guy in front and said "Alex Burrows, Ring of Honor... You're f***ing kidding, right?" Punks just stared at him, slack jawed, we took the moment to jump in the car and got the f*** south. It was a proud Poppa moment, I have to say. And I have no idea why it happened. Penguins even lost!? We were quiet. I don't get it. Happy to have Seattle as an NHL alternative now, though I otherwise love visits to BC.

You continue to make me glad I didn't try harder to get to the Vancouver games while I was ~in the neighborhood.

By contrast, the Calgary game I went to in 2k18, Pens won 9-1. They did not play well, neither goalie could stop a beach ball that night and Murray was still doing pretty well. The gents in the seats next to me said "good game" on the way out. I kind of wanted apologize :laugh: Might have gone different if I was a guy, idk, but I like to think they caught on to my "omg there's no way we should be winning this game like this, what is happening here" mindset.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
One moment I had already forgotten about was at 4-1. The Flyers go from a high danger chance by Atkinson, and then in the blink of an eye Risto and his fellow goons get absolutely walked by Jake, who then effortlessly fires past Hart to break their backs for good.

watching those highlights is just a new joy every time.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Some poster said every move Sleepy has made has been good. Not sure how you defend pissing away McCann.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
One moment I had already forgotten about was at 4-1. The Flyers go from a high danger chance by Atkinson, and then in the blink of an eye Risto and his fellow goons get absolutely walked by Jake, who then effortlessly fires past Hart to break their backs for good.

watching those highlights is just a new joy every time.

Atkinson is everything we need on this team. So jealous of the Flyers top six wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad