Post-Game Talk: |January 6|Pens win vs Flyers| Thats #10 in a row boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nothing really to add...
Vz7hz5o.gif

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I find this very interesting. I live in BC but after the Pens, I like the Flames. However, I was in Vancouver 8 years ago to watch the Pens and didn't have any issues with any fans at all. I am sure I had a Pens hat on too. But maybe it was because the majority of the people in the section I was in were Pens fans. What I found most interesting about the whole experience was looking around at the the fans jersey's that were worn. Most of the kids that I could see had Pens jersey's (the Crosby factor, I'm sure), most of their dads all had Canucks jersey's (not really surprising), but what I found interesting were the grandpas were primarily wearing Leafs jerseys.

Now, I do know that Canucks fans can be horrible, but it is usually towards their team and their city. I was in Calgary in 2004 and even after the loss, people were primarily still a great mood and there was very little violence or destruction. In fact the only thing I saw was a couple garbage cans on fire. Now we all know what happened in Vancouver in 2011, they tried to destroy their city. But, other than Ottawa and Winterpeg the other Canadian NHL cities aren't much better. I don't remember what year it was but I remember seeing Montreal tip over and burn police cars after a playoff WIN. Toronto lost their brains and rioted over fake lakes. Edmonton tried to burn down Whyte Ave after they lost in the finals.

The section I’ve sat in always had a few Pens fans spread out, all quiet oddly enough, just the random cheer when our team scored, but most of them would be giving you fist bumps in the halls during intermission or before the game, cordial all the time towards fellow Pens fans in a city that isn’t our “home” as it were. But the surrounding Canucks fans would be quite rude and confrontational, they wanted you to react and if you didn’t, they’d react for you. I am sure most haven’t dealt with it, but I know a few that have, even after the most recent one when the fan threw the jersey etc, there was this group of Canucks fans that were trying to get us to react and then would constantly yell shit at other Pens fans that were walking by them - A few them were like “I better not see you in that jersey when you walk by again” like lol, what are you gonna do mate?

In any case, I’d run into the other Pens fans outside and they’d just be letting out a sigh and being like “Some fans huh?” And the worst is when they’re behaving that way with fans that have kids with them, like Cascadian and his incident. I just remember this row in front of us, they did this weird passive aggressive commentary when the Canucks scored and the Pens game was tied 1-1, they’d look back at us after each comment and I looked to my wife and shrugged like “ok?”

Then Jake scored 2 more and they got more obvious about it.

I’ve been in this city for quite a while now, I have learned a few things about it - BC born residents can not handle their booze when they are in the downtown setting and like to challenge you to fights, it’s things the place is oddly known for and when I was in Montreal back in September, I had a bloke come up to me and say “Hey which office are you from? And I said Vancouver and he was like “Ah, nice city, dangerous to party though” and I said why? And he knew, he was like you get drunk and you look at someone the wrong way and the next thing you know you’re swarmed outside of the club or restaurant.

I guess it’s just the dominating personality for a lot around these parts.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
The section I’ve sat in always had a few Pens fans spread out, all quiet oddly enough, just the random cheer when our team scored, but most of them would be giving you fist bumps in the halls during intermission or before the game, cordial all the time towards fellow Pens fans in a city that isn’t our “home” as it were. But the surrounding Canucks fans would be quite rude and confrontational, they wanted you to react and if you didn’t, they’d react for you. I am sure most haven’t dealt with it, but I know a few that have, even after the most recent one when the fan threw the jersey etc, there was this group of Canucks fans that were trying to get us to react and then would constantly yell shit at other Pens fans that were walking by them - A few them were like “I better not see you in that jersey when you walk by again” like lol, what are you gonna do mate?

In any case, I’d run into the other Pens fans outside and they’d just be letting out a sigh and being like “Some fans huh?” And the worst is when they’re behaving that way with fans that have kids with them, like Cascadian and his incident. I just remember this row in front of us, they did this weird passive aggressive commentary when the Canucks scored and the Pens game was tied 1-1, they’d look back at us after each comment and I looked to my wife and shrugged like “ok?”

Then Jake scored 2 more and they got more obvious about it.

I’ve been in this city for quite a while now, I have learned a few things about it - BC born residents can not handle their booze when they are in the downtown setting and like to challenge you to fights, it’s things the place is oddly known for and when I was in Montreal back in September, I had a bloke come up to me and say “Hey which office are you from? And I said Vancouver and he was like “Ah, nice city, dangerous to party though” and I said why? And he knew, he was like you get drunk and you look at someone the wrong way and the next thing you know you’re swarmed outside of the club or restaurant.

I guess it’s just the dominating personality for a lot around these parts.
Such a shame. One of the most beautiful metropolitan areas on the planet. Whistler is just as bad, in terms of agro behavior. Nearly got into fisticuffs MTB'ing A-line one summer, and was skiing with my buddy who is a 6ft 4 firefighter/gym rat, dude ran into him, fell down, totally his fault, start screaming and pushing my bud, so Erik grabbed one of his poles and started beating him with it, but the pole bent in half. Guy skied off and we just looked at each other like WTF? No one acts like that at Revelstoke or Big White. Or anywhere, as far as I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad