Post-Game Talk: |January 5|Pens vs Blues win|Dr eRodlove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
ksEmJNX.gif

Reactions: Extra Texture

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It’s pretty insane watching him. I question how you move him from C. I think him and Malkin could get a Talbot - Geno thing going on given what he’s doing over 200 ft.
Assuming GCR and ZBM are written in stone, have E-Rod center L3 between Zucker-Kap and go with Heinen - Malkin - Carter.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Oh man, that was definitely a wild, fist-pumping kind of win. Punctuated with an "I just kicked your ass" moment from Sid 3:16. We've had plenty of good performances this year, but that was special: the emotion, the insane crowd, the emotion on the faces of 87, ERod, McGinn, etc. It REALLY did feel like those powerhouse 2016/17 years. Like nothing was going to stop them winning, and everyone in the house knew it. Just phenomenal. This one is going to live long in the memory.

Blues fans can cry all they want, Berube shot them in the foot with that challenge and that's what turned the game. At 3-3 with no penalty, its anyone's game and its just as likely they get a late winner. Sullivan made a big call by pulling CDS and it paid off hugely. I know the man is a stubborn shithead far too often with his lineups, but jeez he can get these players to respond when he pushes the right buttons.

Rust continues to play like a house on fire, and I've run out of superlatives for Rodrigues. More of this and he is definitely going to be in "pricing himself out of town" territory, as someone will definitely gamble on him, but at least we get to enjoy the ride.

Awesome, awesome night. Sid getting sweet revenge and Binnington throwing was just icing upon icing on the cake.

:laugh: Cant believe you screencapped this moment. I replayed this several times when it happened. And not for the obvious reason. More because I kept asking myself "wait, is that THAT GUY with HER?"

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Zucker-Rodrigues-Kapanen was surprisingly effective when it was used this season, so this isn't a bad idea.
It checks a bunch of boxes for me.

Breaks up Zucker-Malkin.
Keeps E-Rod at C and against lesser competition.
Keeps 37-year-old Carter a little fresher.
Carter can take some faceoffs for Geno.
And I think Malkin-Carter would be awesome together. Outside of that stretch with Hags, Malkin's always been at his best with a shooter on his line and Carter's still got a great shot. Shit, Heinen has a pretty good shot, too.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Thanks for the premptive warning for their upcoming loss.

In fairness, the "Letdown Meter" for tonight's game is absolutely off the charts. Big emotional comeback home win against a very good team, playing back-to-back days and starting a long road trip vs. a "depleted" (like Ottawa, remember?) but rested hated rival in their building, long winning streak on the line, almost no remaining major players out of the Pittsburgh lineup (Philly, like Boston & Washington is often good for a few injury-inducing cheap shots per game)...

Edit to add one just for the St. Louis fans: Pens aren't going to get all the calls their way tonight -- like they did yesterday! -- and will go back to being screwed by the refs as usual.

Here's hoping for the reverse jinx even though everything stated above is true.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I could see Philly turning this into a penalty fest tonight. Used to work but with our PK I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Assuming GCR and ZBM are written in stone, have E-Rod center L3 between Zucker-Kap and go with Heinen - Malkin - Carter.

my only problem with this is that Carter should be getting less minutes not more…I like ERod at center but with Geno back and ERod’s scoring prowess, I like him better getting more offensive minutes and Ozone starts on L2…who I don’t like getting more is Kap lol…so I think Carter in the bottom six with Kap is the best way to go, and L2 should be ERod-Geno-Heinen

Reactions: wgknestrick

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
my only problem with this is that Carter should be getting less minutes not more…I like ERod at center but with Geno back and ERod’s scoring prowess, I like him better getting more offensive minutes and Ozone starts on L2…who I don’t like getting more is Kap lol…so I think Carter in the bottom six with Kap is the best way to go, and L2 should be ERod-Geno-Heinen

I agree with ERod and Geno being a thing. If ERod wants to fire the puck like he has this would be potentially a fire combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad