Post-Game Talk: |January 5|Pens vs Blues win|Dr eRodlove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I think it was more just the emotional investment. Sid is such a robot on the ice sometimes.
After the holiday layoff, the Penguins had several practices in a row because of the cancellations.

I'm pretty sure that was the first stretch all season that Crosby, a notorious practice freak, had a chance to practice multiple days in a row. And then in his next two games, he comes out like vintage Sid. he played really well against San Jose even though he didn't have the points Guentzel, Rust and Rodrigues had. And he was the best player on the ice last night.

I don't think that's a coincidence.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
In fairness, the "Letdown Meter" for tonight's game is absolutely off the charts. Big emotional comeback home win against a very good team, playing back-to-back days and starting a long road trip vs. a "depleted" (like Ottawa, remember?) but rested hated rival in their building, long winning streak on the line, almost no remaining major players out of the Pittsburgh lineup (Philly, like Boston & Washington is often good for a few injury-inducing cheap shots per game)...

Edit to add one just for the St. Louis fans: Pens aren't going to get all the calls their way tonight -- like they did yesterday! -- and will go back to being screwed by the refs as usual.

Here's hoping for the reverse jinx even though everything stated above is true.

The only thing I disagree with is the Flyers aren't *that* rested. They just got home from their Pacific roadie yesterday.

On the other hand, they lost three straight and are probably especially hungry for this one.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
It's amazing the effect of swapping out one of the worst goalies for one of the best in the league has...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the more interesting question imo is what you do with PP1 when Geno returns…you can’t take ERod off left half wall, can you? So one of Rust, Jake or Geno will be on PP2…that’s crazy…
I bet you anything ERod is on the second unit

Reactions: Andy99

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I bet you anything ERod is on the second unit
Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

These are 1PP numbers and 4th best on the team. Between him and Rust, I see ERod as being able to create more on his own than Rust though. It also depends on what Malkin we get back. Is this deadly slapshot, or can't shoot Malkin? I would like to see Malkin run the 2PP to ease back into the action and see where that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad