GDT: Jan. 4 • Semifinal • Canada vs. Finland • II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I really want the NHL to get rid of the trapezoid. I very much enjoy it when a goalie goes on a skating adventure. Who knows what's gunna happen?

Jaan

May 10, 2013
It's funny, whenever a European is complaining about the referees he is immediately cold a soft euro whiner. Yet, the level of whining in here is extraordinary...

Yep. Those good ole canadian boys don't complain :sarcasm:

Yeah right

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
iFpXGeMihaaj7.gif

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Kinda looked like the Erne hit on Drouin just before WJC to me. Erne got a match penalty. I think 2+10 was fine since this was a less dangerous hit but both were high and from a blind angle.

crunchyblack*

It's funny, whenever a European is complaining about the referees he is immediately cold a soft euro whiner. Yet, the level of whining in here is extraordinary...

Its because that 12 min penalty to drouin wouldn't have even been a penalty in north america.

Just give Canada's top 2 centers 10 min misconducts for no reason, no agenda there lol

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
they get that way when things get a bit unruly...like when a player is yelling at them on the way to the box.

I was a referee for over a decade.

You do not appear vindictive when giving out penalties, or you will lose control of the game.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
IIHF and NHL refs need to get off their ****ing high horses. They take themselves way too seriously and ruin the game because of it.

I would love to see one player risk everything and take a ref out with a big hit to take them down a peg.

Officials should not be subject to abuse, verbal or otherwise, from players who disagree, and players who disagree should do so respectfully.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Honestly, I thought the Drouin penalty was the right call. Don't want a penalty? Stop lifting your hands all the time when you hit.

I didn't agree with the 10 but to me it was a 2.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Refs in today's game.

United States: Timothy Mayer
Switzerland: Marc Wiegand

(Sorry if already posted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad