GDT: Jan. 4 • Semifinal • Canada vs. Finland • II

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The lesson is to duck checks to try to get your head slightly touched. Easy PP.

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
Canada gooning it up. Drouin targeted the head and it should have been a 5. Canada got lucky there!

fallsviewafro*

TC hasn't been good, and Drouin's hands were a little high, but I do have to question some of the officiating.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
drouin and petan both acting like spoiled 5year olds. could you imagine what the canadian announcers would be saying about these *****es if we were seeing this from other teams? lol. if that was grigorenko in the box breaking his stick? holy ****. cruxified.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Drouin really should know better. You have to expect those kind of penalties in international play when you run into a guy with that kind of speed and your hands that high. The team needs to settle down.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
People should chill out on the refs , its not the refs fault that Canada have been playing poorly. Although the past 2 penalties to Canada are interesting

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Honestly, I thought the Drouin penalty was the right call. Don't want a penalty? Stop lifting your hands all the time when you hit.

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
Our top 2 centers, offensive centers who are neither big nor known for hitting are out for 12 minutes each.

This is hockey, not figure skating.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Weak call?Drouin hit him in the head and to make it worse it was far enough from the boards to cause an injury.Then he *****es about it and hits the camera in the box.If I was a ref I would threaten him with another penalty too.Young players have to quit it with this crap.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Don't talk to the ref!! You'll get a 10 minute misconduct.

IIHF and NHL refs need to get off their ****ing high horses. They take themselves way too seriously and ruin the game because of it.

I would love to see one player risk everything and take a ref out with a big hit to take them down a peg.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
What the **** a draw from Canadian zone, refs are biased.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

LOL at people calling that a bad call... is this your first time watching international hockey? :laugh:

Does Drouin know that he's in Europe?

I finally figured out most people here probably haven't played hockey ever before but I'm starting to think they don't watch these interational tournaments at all either

Tompa8989*

No hitting allowed in Europe, that's why they're so soft.

Yeah, Chara is soooo soft right? And Peter Forsberg was really soft too. And that pansy Börje Salming...Jeez he played like girl.

Btw, is Druin even a human? He has monster teeths...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad