Pre-Game Talk: Jan 29th versus Buffalo - We need Kessel going tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Phaneuf/Kostka need to play less than 25 mins, and Kostka needs to only play ES. That itself will make a huge difference.

Absolutely. After re-watching the Rangers game, it became very apparent that we actually played fairly solid defensively for the first 48 mins of the game. It was after that that things started falling apart. On a related topic, both Kostka and Phaneuf had 21+ mins of icetime after two periods.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Carlyle needs to call out kessel (like he did JVR and Grabbo). The way Carlyle call's out players get them to show up big time the next game. And in addition to calling out Kessel I would call out Phaneuf too.

Prototype

Nov 7, 2011
The 'calling out' by Carlyle was magnified by the media.

If he calls anyone else out, I'm sure he'll try to avoid letting the media know

Kirkpatrick

Oct 6, 2011
Ottawa
Carlyle needs to call out kessel (like he did JVR and Grabbo). The way Carlyle call's out players get them to show up big time the next game. And in addition to calling out Kessel I would call out Phaneuf too.

Phaneuf's biggest problem is that Carlyle's been calling his name too much already.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I think if he starts calling out again, people will start comparing him to Wilson's throwing under the bus, or even funnier, if Kessel gives one of those awkward interviews. :laugh:

^I'd prefer that pairing to pay just around 20 minutes. But thats also not a good use of assets. Phaneuf is a good D-man for 23-24 minutes and having Kostka as his partner just holds him back in that sense.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Kostka shouldn't be with Phaneuf, Gunnar should be with him BUT Kostka should be on the line-up somewhere, the guy is pretty good, but i think we should trade one of our extra d-man's.

Also, the people saying to take Kostka off the PP is just plain dumb... just saying.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Oddly I think the only persons we have to activate Kessel are Grabs Kadri and don't laugh but Connolly

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington (buffalo news) 7hr
Vanek said he's hopeful of playing tomorrow. Said he felt better today than yesterday.

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 6hr
Lindy optimistic about Vanek's return Tuesday, confirms no decision on Grigs, more discussions to come

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 5hr
#Sabres Edge: No word on Grigorenko, better word on Vanek

Steve Vesey ‏@SteveVesey4 (cbs buffalo sports anchor) 2hr
Lindy Ruff optimistic about Vanek playing tomorrow. Still no decision on Grigorenko - he'd consider sitting him tomorrow to buy more time.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Too bad the leafs didn't have two Kostka's, that would be a slick first pairing

Kessely Snipes

Great White North
Oct 16, 2011
Regina, SK

Carlyle has already admitted he played Phaneuf too many minutes in against Rangers. Less is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA