Pre-Game Talk: Jan 29th versus Buffalo - We need Kessel going tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafspring*

Kadri centering Kessel/JVR is my thinking.

We need net presence against Miller,and JVR gives it to our first line,and draws attention. Kadri has to be looked at on the first line now i believe as well.

NOT A TRADE KESSEL THREAD

Last edited by a moderator:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I just wonder if we see the typical Kaletta cheap shot used on Kadri, though I have no doubt Naz would fill his yap with fist.

leafspring*

I just wonder if we see the typical Kaletta cheap shot used on Kadri, though I have no doubt Naz would fill his yap with fist.

I think he would to,and i also think he would fill in Kaleta if he started workin Kessel over like last game if he was on the ice to.

So you think its time to give it a try?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Were gonna have to play our best game of the season to win I think .

We need 3 periods out of EVERYONE. We need to stop relying on 2-3 players for effort, and have everyone bring their hard hats. These games are never easy, whether Buffalo sucks or not.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
We've seen Miller get off his game when there is commotion in front of him. Perimeter shots that Miller can see won't work. We're going to need JVR to show up here

Penalty Kill Icing*

Cut down on the first defense pairings ice time would be a good idea. They need to be kept fresher over the condensed schedule,than 30 minutes in a game. 22-24 minutes tops.

This x 100.

We will win many more games if each pairing played 20 minutes, than that Phaneuf-Kostka pairing playing 25 minutes every game. :facepalm:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Kostka needs to **** off. Seriously..

Liles/Gardiner - Phaneuf
Liles/Gardiner - Gunnar
Komi - Franson

Gunnar - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Komisarek
Liles - Franson

Much better IMO, people have been praising Komisarek and as much as I think he won't do well, either him or Franson have to be able to step it up this year in order for our defense to do well.

Top pairing is two 2-way dman (one more offensively gifted, the other more defensively)
Young offensive/PMD paired with veterean Defensive dman
Veteran offensive/PMD paired with whatever you want to call Franson (OFD with size). Holzer can slot in for franson to give more balance if necessary.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
He's in for an off year. I'm ok with it. He's lost Lupul, it's a short season and he's still not in game shape. An off year to help get a top pick? Cool with me

That said if he gets going the team is a lot better then this

leafspring*

This x 100.

We will win many more games if each pairing played 20 minutes, than that Phaneuf-Kostka pairing playing 25 minutes every game. :facepalm:

It showed that they were tired out last game.I really didn't get the point of it during the game either.There needs to be energy management by the coach here.The red light for our defensemen should be on,and Carlyle needs to slap some trap mentality into this defense.

Shut down,short shifts,in position trap hockey,and a large helping of patience would go a long way to winning in Buffalo. Frustrate the hell out of them,and own the neutral zone would be key.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Will be a tough one. Playing in Buffalo just has bad luck for this team as it is. But Kessel is bound to break through eventually and could be in this game.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Kessel is going to have to step it up soon. Being "rusty" after the lockout is not going to be a valid excuse for much longer...

leafspring*

Kessel is going to have to step it up soon. Being "rusty" after the lockout is not going to be a valid excuse for much longer...

He needs to drive the net,and get a garbage goal.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Fan590 just reported that JVR is skating on Kessel's line in practice. Good move by Carlyle.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Gunnar - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Komisarek
Liles - Franson

Much better IMO, people have been praising Komisarek and as much as I think he won't do well, either him or Franson have to be able to step it up this year in order for our defense to do well.

Top pairing is two 2-way dman (one more offensively gifted, the other more defensively)
Young offensive/PMD paired with veterean Defensive dman
Veteran offensive/PMD paired with whatever you want to call Franson (OFD with size). Holzer can slot in for franson to give more balance if necessary.

Agreed.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
The Fan590 just reported that JVR is skating on Kessel's line in practice. Good move by Carlyle.

A good move which should have been done for last game, as well. Having two lines with decent net presence will give us a better chance to squeak a few past Miller.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Leafs d pairings: Phaneuf-Kostka; Gunnarsson Komisarek; Liles-Franson; Gardiner-Fraser

Ugh!!! :facepalm:

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
A good move which should have been done for last game, as well. Having two lines with decent net presence will give us a better chance to squeak a few past Miller.

Agreed, it should have happened as soon as Lupul was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad