GDT: Jan 21/13: HOME OPENER Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Sportsnet-O 7PM Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I agree, those weren't chinshy calls, they were legit. What sucked was that we didn't even score. (Sigh). I hate Buffalo games.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I can't belive the Orr fight couldn't give us a bit more urgency either.

Oh well. Let's hope we can get a crappy goal like they did and crawl in there.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Disagree. Miller was great again. As always :rant:

The reason why he is so "great" is because we usually shoot on him either from the point OR permiter, the shots we get on him are easy and pretty much anyone can stop. The key to beating Miller is planting 1-2 guys in front and shoot away on him, remember you cant save what u cant see.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Before I get called a troll I am a Sharks fan first, Leaf fan second. I live in Toronto so I kinda have to cheer for the Leafs, it would just be wrong if I didn't. Leafs may be pretty bad but unfortunately I think we all know that lol.

Anyways I came on here specifically to ask what the hell happened with that 5 on 3 confusion?? All I heard was something about Myers coming out early or something like that and then Stafford when back in or some ****, so can somebody please explain to me what happened there? Also, holy crap at how good Miller is playing! Anyways Go Leafs!

The refs and penalty box attendants ****ed up majorly. That's about it.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
We always get 5 on 3's on Buffalo, ALWAYS

and guess what, we never score

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Didn't see a single one-timer.

This has been a problem for awhile.

I have no idea why Phaneuf or Kostka wouldn't try to tee a one-timer. They barely had any pressure, if at all.

I can understand passing down low to make their players move and react but not trying a single one-timer from the point is stupid really.

Ah well.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Exactly. Watch other teams' PP units, they cycle low, they cycle high, they move around. All we are doing is standing in the same places.

I miss the days when Toronto had a triple threat PP with the cross crease pass to Tucker, the hash mark slapper to Sundin or the point shot to McCabe. That was lethal.

Of course, we wouldn't want all that "entitlement"..... :laugh:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not a bad period at all .. Got an unlucky one against us, and Miller was huge on those powerplays .. Keep it up

Although after seeing Orr dummy Scott like that, I could care less how the rest of this game goes :laugh:

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
The reason why he is so "great" is because we usually shoot on him either from the point OR permiter, the shots we get on him are easy and pretty much anyone can stop. The key to beating Miller is planting 1-2 guys in front and shoot away on him, remember you cant save what u cant see.

we need a simmonds type of guy, someone that will just plant themselves in front of the opposing teams goalie.

didn't lupul do that for us last season and with some success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad