GDT: Jan 21/13: HOME OPENER Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Sportsnet-O 7PM Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
No it wasn't...Poor movement, no one willing to shoot. Our only good chance came from Phaneuf's shot that hit the post

Exactly. Watch other teams' PP units, they cycle low, they cycle high, they move around. All we are doing is standing in the same places.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Beside Lupul's line, other lines don't seem to have any chemistry.

Except for the 4th line

Kulemin has been dissapointing and Macurthur ...mmmm that whole line

Where's Grabo?

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Well if we lose tonight that sad 3 minutes stretch will be why. Miller didn't have to be spectacular, the scoring chances were *****.

They need to move the puck faster. Several times high quality scoring chances were developing but the pass wasnt made soon enough, or at all. Kessel early on there had a moses-splitting-the-red-sea-like passing lane to a wide open JVR at the far post, but he held on to it. Score there and the Leafs are still on the PP.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Miller was just insane this period. I can't believe we didn't score with that much PP time. If the makeup calls do come....let's hope our PK is feeling sharp.

goleafsgo87*

Get JVR and just place him in front of the net he has the size and the skill to get a rebound.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
The leafs hang on to the puck far too long before they make a pass, they're giving the sabre's way too much time to react. Wouldn't hurt them to shoot a bit more, it's a 5 on 3 , make a quick pass or shoot.... :(

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Well if we lose tonight that sad 3 minutes stretch will be why. Miller didn't have to be spectacular, the scoring chances were *****.

They need to move the puck faster. Several times high quality scoring chances were developing but the pass wasnt made soon enough, or at all. Kessel early on there had a moses-splitting-the-red-sea-like passing lane to a wide open JVR at the far post, but he held on to it. Score there and the Leafs are still on the PP.

Yeah I saw that too, I was begging for him to pass it through but he ended up hanging on to it.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Before I get called a troll I am a Sharks fan first, Leaf fan second. I live in Toronto so I kinda have to cheer for the Leafs, it would just be wrong if I didn't. Leafs may be pretty bad but unfortunately I think we all know that lol.

Anyways I came on here specifically to ask what the hell happened with that 5 on 3 confusion?? All I heard was something about Myers coming out early or something like that and then Stafford when back in or some ****, so can somebody please explain to me what happened there? Also, holy crap at how good Miller is playing! Anyways Go Leafs!

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Exactly. Watch other teams' PP units, they cycle low, they cycle high, they move around. All we are doing is standing in the same places.

I don't get SNO so I am unable to watch the game...grrrr. Isn't the "pass the potatoe game til we get bored" a tactic used under Wilson? I don't know what Carlyle's powerplay teams were like in Anahiem anyone have any insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad