Confirmed with Link: Jamie Benn Re-signed [8 Years, $9.500M AAV]

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Not sure if I like this or not. He is a great player, but I do not know enough about him to know if he is worth this. I guess it is decent.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Glad he's locked up long term with us. Also glad it's done now and not towards the end of next season

At least when he's contract starts we have Hemsky, Sharp and Oduya's contracts ending. Whether we end up resigning either of them is another question

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Wow great deal for you guys. With market value what it is - that's probably even a million dollar discount

serp

Jan 17, 2016
About what was expected at the date fans and beat writers speculated it would be annouced . Good to get it out of the way early . It was probably in the books weeks ago but they intentially waited for the party in the park to announce it.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
8 years for the worst captain in team history since Modano's reign. No heart and will never lead the team anywhere when it comes to the playoffs.

Kari isn't the problem in the playoffs. It's Benn.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
8 years for the worst captain in team history since Modano's reign. No heart and will never lead the team anywhere when it comes to the playoffs.

Kari isn't the problem in the playoffs. It's Benn.

This is a joke, right?

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
Not sure if I like this or not. He is a great player, but I do not know enough about him to know if he is worth this. I guess it is decent.
I'm curious as to what you need to know about him to determine if he's worth it. His fav food? If he's a morning or night person? Or what? Since 255 points in 245 games over three seasons, second to Crosby obviously doesn't say enough.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Morrow had one really good year in 07/08 but before and after that i remember his tenure as a dissapointment. He was a better Captain than Modano but that doesn't say very much.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Morrow had one really good year in 07/08 but before and after that i remember his tenure as a dissapointment. He was a better Captain than Modano but that doesn't say very much.

Morrow averaged 19.5 goals in 12.5 seasons for the Stars. Lots of hits, right attitude, etc. Not much more you could expect from any 25th pick in the draft, really.

If you choose, you can recall a few penalties that led to power play goals against, one ill advised drop pass in a home opener, and/or some fans perception that he was holding back for the Olympics one year......I choose to remember a pretty good player, just below HOF level a notch or two.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't mean particularly him and his stats i mean the team as a whole was a disapointment outside of 07/08 and he was the leader of that group for the majority of the time. Of course thats not just on him but lets not pretend he was such a great and inspiring leader .

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I don't mean particularly him and his stats i mean the team as a whole was a disapointment outside of 07/08 and he was the leader of that group for the majority of the time. Of course thats not just on him but lets not pretend he was such a great and inspiring leader .

Well, he used to fire up the crowd with reverse hit on charging players, and did score a few memorable goals, like the OT to win against the Sharks, not to mention, leveling out a Shark just before OT.

For sure not all on him. It was an AHL team, with an AHL coach his last few years here. Not much to lead, and the entire culture had to suck, starting with the bankruptcy judge, a bankrupt owner, etc. They had to know they had no chance in those years, and it did show.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Almost all of the great memories of Morrow are from that one run in 07/08 . Before that ? Dissapointing first round exists and the following year(s) before bankruptcy really hit the team missed the playoffs .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
After that, he slumped to 5 goals, rebounded to 20, then in 2010-11, had a career high of 33 goals (vs 32 in 07-08) but less points than 07-8.

I do recall we had wondered if he had lost it, but got one more great season out of his body before we knew his time was up.

He had 14 goals rookie year, same as Val, which keeps me hopeful that Nuke will hit 30 someday in his career, so he has that going for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad