James Neal fined for diving

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
This may end very bad because sometimes there is no way for a viewer to see if there is a dive or not. Anyone ever been skating on a higher level knows there are situations you falls in the most odd ways and reasons. You walk a risky line if handing out fines for "diving". Sure some players dive but it will end with innoncent players getting labled as "divers"

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Hope the shaming is enough. If not, once the coach fines start I bet teams get serious

SuddenDeathOvertime

#FreeJohnScott
Sep 30, 2014
Glad it finally happened. Hope they keep doing it.

ovechkin-dive.gif

But just wondering, why did this not get a fine? One of the worst I've ever seen.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Lol glad to see this. It was a particularly blatant dive and completely unnecessary considering his team was down by 2 and there were only 20 seconds left in the game. I don't get the point in selling a call when your team is going to lose regardless. I hope he's at least embarrassed to have it made public like this.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
So that means, in your opinion, that he's already been warned for diving in the past, and will now be fined, for awkwardly losing his balance? Interesting. :shakehead
Well he certainly has a history now seeing as he was given a penalty for embellishment last night.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Well he certainly has a history now seeing as he was given a penalty for embellishment last night.
Because refs always make the right calls, right? Like when Vatanen got an embellishment for getting high sticked in the face?

Do you even watch hockey?

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Because refs always make the right calls, right? Like when Vatanen got an embellishment for getting high sticked in the face?

Do you even watch hockey?
I'm not talking about Vatanen's penalty, I'm talking about Getzlaf's.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

He was referring to Neal, who had a prior history. You can't point to the instance you want a fine for to deduce a history.

The league won't even look into that, anyway. Even if they felt there was a level of embellishment in there, the very, very obvious loss of balance that already had him falling puts it on a very, very different level to the Neal dive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad