Speculation: Jakob Chychrun scratched for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
That's pretty weird is it ? Matthews is an established star in the NHL, with a 60 goal season and league MVP under his belt and he's by all means not an old man, yet Bedard's **potential** might actually trump any chance of the team holding the #1 pick overall from making a trade like this, 1 for 1, even if they had the chance to !
The problem with these elite stars for 1st overall hypotheticals is that the 1st overall team usually sucks and is more than a matthews away from competing. So they’d be outright insane to make that trade. Matthews is still better and more valuable overall than the player that will be picked, just not for the position that team happens to be in.

Reactions: Killswitch

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I’m surprised if Clarke is part of it but as @Osprey said, the Kings have a log jam of rhd. Spence has proven himself at every level and should be in the NHL.

Clarke could be special but I was almost expecting him to go to the AHL for a full year. He is very slender and will need to rely on his elusiveness for now. I’m not worried about his skating.

That being said, I’d hate to move him strictly for Chychrun. Hoping it’s a bigger deal with Vejmelka involved and Peterson’s cap going out.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Rumor has it that Vilardi was the ask a while back and the Kings refused to include him. So no chance Vilardi, Byfield or Clarke were ever on the table. My guess now is Kaliyev + a Dman + picks\prospect. If it's that steep I would pass.
The ask was Vilardi, Moore, Bjornfot and a 1st… and rightfully so, the Kings said no

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Arizona is simply trying to get a team to move on the requirements , while making sure Chicken run is not injured after they attempted to overshowcase him on Friday.
The only thing getting me worried is how good Kopi has been with Byfield and his and Quicks closing windows.
That could get Blake to move.
Hate the idea off trading Clarke but Spence would be more likely to be held in this type of win now move by topping a weak Pacific launch pad.
Clarke is not defensively ready and would be in the AHL next year anyway,.
Chycrun is like an expensive vase on a pillar.
Ends up broken porcelain on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad