Speculation: Jakob Chychrun scratched for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Clarke looked he was skating in cement shoes at the wjc. Think I’d rather it be Byfield, but Clarke is likely the best defensive prospect out there right now
I think LA made Byfield untouchable. He's their next 1C. Clarke next best option

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Clarke for Chychrun 1 for 1 would be a steal for LA.
If Chychrun could stay healthy for a seaaon, sure.

First thought i had when it said Chychrun has been scratched was that i hope it wasnt too deep of a scratch otherwise he'll miss another 10 games.

• Haha
Reactions: ManByng

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Able to protect Chychrun from getting hurt and help their Bedard chances.

... Or they could've just traded him 3 months ago and have gotten a much better shot at Bedard.

While Bettman got ridiculed for saying teams don't tank, he's probably mostly correct: If all these bottom-aiming teams' management were so intent on getting the #1 they could easily have traded away guys like Chychrun, Gavrikov, etc. already and really improved their chances.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This is what I was afraid of last night. I can definitely see Blake trading Clarke to fill a huge need on LD. There's a logjam on RD, someone needs to go, Clarke has the most value and he's expendable because management is in love with Durzi and still has Spence. It was also concerning to me that Blake and company were stringing Clarke along for most of the season. I just think that, if they had confidence and excitement in him, they would've traded someone (like Walker or Durzi) to make room for him. In hindsight, I even have to wonder if they didn't want to burn a year of his contract and did want him to attend the WJC partly to help his trade value. Regardless, I think that Blake is higher on Chychrun (whom he's been after for over a year) than he is on Clarke (who really just fell into his lap at the draft) and trading one for the other makes sense to him. I'll be upset if he does it, but I can see him doing it.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If Sean Walker is moved to Arizona would he instantly be there best RHD?

Troy Stetcher? Josh Brown? lol

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Because it's Hockey's Future, not Hockey's Present.

This site has people who would legitimately take Bedard over Matthews.
If Toronto tried offering Matthews for the first overall pick in this draft the team with the first overall pick is keeping the pick.

so prep the letter telling them theyre fools for taking a cost controlled top prospect over a guy making a ton, looking for a ton more, and halfway through his career, I guess.

Reactions: ManByng

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I love Clarke but if it’s actually both Vejmelka and Chychrun I’ll drive him to the airport myself. We still have Spence, Grans, Durzi, and a drafting and development staff that seems to crush it when it comes to churning out NHL RDs.

That being said, I still obviously care about the “+” is. :laugh:

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
If Toronto tried offering Matthews for the first overall pick in this draft the team with the first overall pick is keeping the pick.

so prep the letter telling them they're fools for taking a cost controlled top prospect over a guy making a ton, looking for a ton more, and halfway through his career, I guess.
That's pretty weird is it ? Matthews is an established star in the NHL, with a 60 goal season and league MVP under his belt and he's by all means not an old man, yet Bedard's **potential** might actually trump any chance of the team holding the #1 pick overall from making a trade like this, 1 for 1, even if they had the chance to !

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I love Clarke but if it’s actually both Vejmelka and Chychrun I’ll drive him to the airport myself. We still have Spence, Grans, Durzi, and a drafting and development staff that seems to crush it when it comes to churning out NHL RDs.

That being said, I still obviously care about the “+” is. :laugh:
Shouldn't be a whole lot but i get the trepidation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad