Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
3 games left any news on if the kid will make an appearance

Don't think so. No benefit to him playing this year and risking re-injury to his hand. Get some practices in maybe and come back healthy and ready to play next season. Also he burns a year regardless of playing a game so there's no incentive for him to dress for a game.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Don't think so. No benefit to him playing this year and risking re-injury to his hand. Get some practices in maybe and come back healthy and ready to play next season. Also he burns a year regardless of playing a game so there's no incentive for him to dress for a game.
I suspect the odds of re-injuring his hand are pretty low 6 weeks after surgery, the incentive to dress him is pretty much the same as any late season callup, it lets him know what it's like to play at this level, and hopefully plant a seed to get him to work extra hard in the offseason. Same incentive we had in playing Norris 3 games in 2020, JBD 5 games in 2021, or Brannstrom 2 games in 2019.

I know he got on the ice for some practices with the team at the start of the month, but with a non contact jersey, not sure how many practices he's gotten in though. He may just not be ready before the end of season, but if he gets cleared I don't see why we wouldn't consider getting him in the line for a game or two.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Unfortunate that his hand injury has been such a lingering issue. Was it a skate cut or something like that?

Can't wait to see him come in as a rookie next season though. Will add a whole new dimension to the blue line.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Unfortunate that his hand injury has been such a lingering issue. Was it a skate cut or something like that?

Can't wait to see him come in as a rookie next season though. Will add a whole new dimension to the blue line.
He dove into the net to prevent a goal near the end of his last game, seems like he broke it there

Reactions: Icelevel

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
You just know everything is falling apart when you hear bad news in the off season, as well

We can't afford Sanderson to fail. We just can't

I am going to go and bang my head somewhere now

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Man what did he do to his hand. Sounds like something that won’t be the same ever again

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Boucher too with injuries and two bouts of COVID.
Yep and Greig too with the long haul symptoms and then whatever it was that kept him out so long at end of season.

Crookshank in Belleville.

Not just nicks and bruises but significant injuries that could be career altering.
Post automatically merged:

Man what did he do to his hand. Sounds like something that won’t be the same ever again
I thought maybe it was ligament or tendon damage from a skate but I may not be recalling correctly.

I have PTSD about hand injuries with all that Bobby went through.

**not trying to make light of people who truly suffer from PTSD**

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yep and Greig too with the long haul symptoms and then whatever it was that kept him out so long at end of season.

Crookshank in Belleville.

Not just nicks and bruises but significant injuries that could be career altering.
Post automatically merged:

I thought maybe it was ligament or tendon damage from a skate but I may not be recalling correctly.

I have PTSD about hand injuries with all that Bobby went through.

**not trying to make light of people who truly suffer from PTSD**
Yeah me too, I’m low key worried that some of these guys will become injury prone and derail their careers.

But maybe now is the time where we can have nice things?

Reactions: OD99

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He dove into the net to prevent a goal near the end of his last game, seems like he broke it there
Yup. Got praised for that head first dive to save a goal. Probably should have done it a little more carefully. ;) Guess the circumstances didn’t allow for that.
6 more weeks in a cast that’s real shit news.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I feel for the kid. Having done rehab on injuries, it sucks, and takes a lot of time away from training that he'd normally do to improve his game. 6 more weeks in a cast, on top of what he already had will need a ton of rehab to rebuild his strength.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
You just know everything is falling apart when you hear bad news in the off season, as well

We can't afford Sanderson to fail. We just can't

I am going to go and bang my head somewhere now
f82bff57-9d73-4385-8f47-4b3d359b44fe_text.gif

He looked so good and progressed so noticeably when he played, he'll be fine. But it's definitely kind of unsettling all the injuries piling up. As long as availability doesn't become an issue, he's going to be a good one.

Reactions: NyQuil

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
That looks like a really weird angle for his wrist/hand to be at as well? Maybe it is just the angle of the photo but seems unnatural.

Was the exact injury every disclosed? It seems more than a standard break for sure and I wonder if there was any ligament or tendon damage as well.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
That looks like a really weird angle for his wrist/hand to be at as well? Maybe it is just the angle of the photo but seems unnatural.

Was the exact injury every disclosed? It seems more than a standard break for sure and I wonder if there was any ligament or tendon damage as well.

Is it even a cast? Or is it something to keep water from getting on his arm? When I broke my wrist I had to wrap it in a garbage bag when I was showering to keep it dry.

The sunglasses are in a weird spot.

Assen na yo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad