Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This metric I use called the ‘eye test’ tells us that beaver tapping and then ripping a slap shot so hard and wide that it clears the O-zone is very problematic when trying to gain momentum in a game.

So annoying he's added the beaver tap to his game now. Like dude you aren't that good.

Last year I felt like his shot was maybe the only thing he looked good doing, he doesn't even have that anymore.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I’ll probably get roasted for saying this and I do believe Sanderson is a very good young defenseman, but 8.05 mill for 8 years was too big of a contract to early in his career. I’m not convinced he’s a bonafied #1 Dman.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I’ll probably get roasted for saying this and I do believe Sanderson is a very good young defenseman, but 8.05 mill for 8 years was too big of a contract to early in his career. I’m not convinced he’s a bonafied #1 Dman.
I agree. I think he is very good. But he does not play physical. He often relies on his stick too much and looks like he is fishing for the puck. The NHL forwards are too talented to try fishing for the puck. He needs to learn when to use his stick to break up a play and when to step up to make a hit on a player. He obviously is an excellent skater and can pass but at 8 million a season and only 27 points this season he seems like an overpay. I think his ceiling is 40 to 50 points a season. He is still very young at only 21 years of age and he is learning how to play in the NHL. I would like to see two more physical dmen added to our lineup and they could show Sandy some tricks on how to box out, move big forwards, positional strategies and when to step up to make a hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He's had a few rough stretches this season. The big worry is having his development stall without a good and consistent partner (and consistent team systems). He also needs more muscle on his frame, which will come in time. Once it does, I'd hope to see a bit more physicality from him. He also isn't the type of defenseman you judge purely on point totals.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's had a few rough stretches this season. The big worry is having his development stall without a good and consistent partner (and consistent team systems). He also needs more muscle on his frame, which will come in time. Once it does, I'd hope to see a bit more physicality from him. He also isn't the type of defenseman you judge purely on point totals.
He’s been lights out I’m confused

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think some people were expecting him to produce more offense, he started the year looking like he was going to be joining the rush a lot more, but defensively he's been an absolute stud
~.5 ppg while playing the other teams top lines and playing in a weak power play.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad