Rumor: Jake Guentzel to CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
They took on a garbage players 4.5m contract that extends next season and morrow is really nothing special. Terrible trade, pens are gonna be garbage next year
Well for starter, it seems this won't be the deal. So this is all moot in the end.

But
1) I wouldn't call Bunting a "garbage" player per se. He's not a top liner or anything like Guentzel, obviously. He's a respectable middle/bottom 6er and his contract is far from being an albatros. It's pretty much in line for UFA-age players with similar production. And as you state, the pens will be garbage, most likely, so it's nothing terrible for them. If Pens can retain 50% at the TDL next season, and he continues producing similarly, he could fetch something interesting to help the rebuild, as contenders love their 2-3M complimentary players nowadays.
2) Morrow would still have been more valuable than a late 1st. And a much safer bet at being a valuable NHL player (realistic upside being a good-to-great 2nd pairing guy). "Special" prospects (i.e. with top line or top pairing potential) are worth far more than a late 1st.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Honestly with how dogshit Seravalli has been recently, it wouldn't even surprise me if he was wrong about Morrow not being included :laugh:
Seravalli is probably the most trusted insider too, sadly. The days of The Bobfather are long gone.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
What a weird comment. I’m a habs fan…. I just see the value in Jake. Idk even know what team you’re rooting for. Seriously what a weird comment. The type of comments weirdos drop lol
Would have been a hell of a lot of value to watch him walk this summer for absolutely nothing.

The only way they would have let the above happen is if they were solidly in a playoff spot and buying at the deadline to try and make a run.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Well for starter, it seems this won't be the deal. So this is all moot in the end.

But
1) I wouldn't call Bunting a "garbage" player. He's not a top liner or anything like Guentzel, obviously. He's a respectable middle/bottom 6er and his contract is far from being an albatros. It's pretty much in line for UFA-age players with similar production. And as you state, the pens will be garbage, most likely, so it's nothing terrible for them.
2) Morrow would still have been more valuable than a late 1st. And a much safer bet at being a valuable NHL player (realistic upside being a good-to-great 2nd pairing guy). "Special" prospects (i.e. with top line or top pairing potential) are worth far more than a late 1st.
You honestly think he’s got 1st pair potential? Seems like he’s destined for a #4.
Bunting is an absolute terrible player. I think the pens would be better off with cap space. Again I consider Jake a pure 1st line winger. He’s very consistent.

Reactions: Hammettf2b

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Would have been a hell of a lot of value to watch him walk this summer for absolutely nothing.

The only way they would have let the above happen is if they were solidly in a playoff spot and buying at the deadline to try and make a run.
They obviously needed to trade him. I just don’t think this is the package

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
trade call is done

Guentzel to CAR
(Prospects), conditional 2nd, Bunting to PIT

PIT receives CAR's 2024 1st if they reach the Stanley Cup Final in 2024. otherwise, they receive PHI's 2024 2nd.

Reactions: Jacob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad