Jake Guentzal hat trick

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Already have Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel. Now Guentzel being an elite playoff performer? 19 goals 17 assists in 5 playoff series? Not even fair.

Hornqvist, Rust, Hagelin, Brassard, Letang, Dumo, Murray as well. All clutch.

Can even add former first rounder Sheahan to the list...a clutch pker who is great on face offs. 25 years old. Nice grab from the Wings.

Pens are built for the playoffs.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Not only was it a natural hat trick, it was a natural 4-goals.

Honestly, how many times has that ever happened?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
pens should trade for martin hanzal and barzal so that they could put them on the same line and call it hanzal, guentzal, & barzal, attorneys at law and also 2/3rds fairy tale pun

Reactions: Tom Hanks

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
B1C8CFBD-707B-4792-AC9B-4E678EFB9D7F.png
Of active players with min 30 playoff games (chosen cuz that’s how many Jake has), he has the second higher playoff points per 60 mins played ... behind Kucherov. After Jake, you have Kessel, Crosby & Malkin rounding out the top 5 ... and Brassard closes out the top-20.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
View attachment 116287 Of active players with min 30 playoff games (chosen cuz that’s how many Jake has), he has the second higher playoff points per 60 mins played ... behind Kucherov. After Jake, you have Kessel, Crosby & Malkin rounding out the top 5 ... and Brassard closes out the top-20.

Damn..Pens with 4 out of top 5. Adding Brassard this year.

90s offense.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
he's got a good shot for sure. But he's not a Kessel or Ovechkin blowing pucks by goalies.
i'm not trying to dis the kid. he scores goals with smarts and hard work not what you would expect from a guy that gets so many....I would expect it from a guy that it the corners or just blows the puck past a goalie but that's not how he does it.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Since him scoring 4 straight goals is better than a natural hat trick... and since it kind of lead to beers being thrown on the ice rather than hats... I say we call this feat a Labatt trick... (or a Natural Ice Trick ) lol

Reactions: Gazorpazorp

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
for as much credit and praise people are giving to Couterier, which is deserved by the way, Guentzel played just as good if not better than him in game 6...

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hes definitely a really good player. I wonder how he would do on a team not so heavily filled with star offensive players.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hes definitely a really good player. I wonder how he would do on a team not so heavily filled with star offensive players.

I don't even know what the relevance of this is because you could apply it to literally 99.9% of the players in the league to suggest their offense would take a hit.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't even know what the relevance of this is because you could apply it to literally 99.9% of the players in the league to suggest their offense would take a hit.

Im not trying to take anything away from the kid. You cant help but wonder these things on players from teams like Pittsburgh. You could say the same thing about some of our players too.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Agree. Gourde and Point too.

I would agree. I think they are good players and Guentzel is too. I just wonder how they would produce elsewhere.

Some guys do well while others dont. We had Marchessault on our team a few years ago and he ended up doing great in both FL and Vegas. I think players like Guentzal, Point and Gourde would too. Then you have a guy like Namestnikov who went to the Rangers and hasnt done much there yet. I think he could still be a decent player for them but he was clearly a product of the players around him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad