Jake Gardiner Vs Tj Brodie Vs Nick Leddy

Which Defenceman do you think is the best one?

• Jake Gardiner

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • TJ Brodie

Votes: 89 52.4%
  • Nick Leddy

Votes: 67 39.4%

• Total voters

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I've watched a tonne of Isles games this year and Nick Leddy is one of the best and most underrated D men in the NHL. This one is easily Leddy. Tremendous puck mover, skater, and smart player.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Entering the season I would have voted Brodie, but he had a down year last year, and now him and Hamonic have not been a good pairing. I'd say its a toss-up, but I'll lean Leddy at the moment.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
Gardiner hasn't really been great this season, and even when he's at his best, I would still rank him slightly below the other two.
I think Brodie's one of the best defencemen in the NHL when he's playing like he should be, so I would take him over Leddy and hope he starts playing like he did before.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Entering the season I would have voted Brodie, but he had a down year last year, and now him and Hamonic have not been a good pairing. I'd say its a toss-up, but I'll lean Leddy at the moment.

Whats your reasoning for this? They've looked decent IMO, not great but Hamonic is still getting used to things on the Flames. Brodie's on pace for a 55+ point season too.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Whats your reasoning for this? They've looked decent IMO, not great but Hamonic is still getting used to things on the Flames. Brodie's on pace for a 55+ point season too.
Hamonic has looked meh and while Brodie has been getting lots of points he hasnt been great defensively. He will pick it up though (hopefully)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
They are terrible at defending zone-entries and are getting killed when compared to the rest of the league on Offensive zone-faceoff and On-The-Fly shifts compared to league average. It appears to be more on Hamonic than Brodie, but they haven't been effective. Its too early to put significant weight on it, but that pairing is getting killed by xGF and possession metrics, like among the worst in the league bad. Dellow did a big piece for The Athletic but it is behind a pay-wall. Here's the article for anyone who has The Athletic and is interested.

Dellow: Abandon hope, all ye who enter -- which NHL teams...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Brodie is the best. The reason it's close because he has brain farts some times...maybe lots of times

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

The Brodie - Hamonic pairing should be a lot better defensively than they have been. Brodie is such a good skater but he regularly gets beats wide, it doesn’t make sense.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Have never really watched Brodie play, but Leddy is so underrated! Each time I watch im play I think he is a poor man's Duncan Keith.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I would take Leddy now. But I feel TJ is going to figure it out. He has too much talent to keep struggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad