Jake Gardiner Vs Tj Brodie Vs Nick Leddy

Which Defenceman do you think is the best one?

• Jake Gardiner

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • TJ Brodie

Votes: 89 52.4%
  • Nick Leddy

Votes: 67 39.4%

• Total voters

Kase

May 1, 2016
Thought Brodie would bounce back and have a better season compared to last season. I guess that hasn't happened, at least yet.

Somehow I always forget that Leddy even exists...I have underrated him big time. Voted Leddy this time, but I think that he and Brodie are going to be neck to neck when the season ends.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Don't look now but I believe Leddy is 3rd in defenseman scoring(after starting the season with 2 assists in his first 9 games). If you look at Leddy's stats, he seems to be getting better and better every season(save his 2nd season in the league)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd take Leddy. Runner up is TJ Brodie. But i feel like there's a sort of weird perception overall that Leddy is somehow "older" and more likely to decline sooner. Probably because of when they hit the NHL, respectively. Even though that's clearly not the case.

For me, Leddy is a guy who can anchor a Top-4 D pairing, arguably even a pretty decent top-pairing...whereas Brodie tends to be a guy who needs a bit of babysitting if he's going to face tough matchups.

They're both very good defencemen though. And i wouldn't hesitate for an instant to take either of them over Gardiner.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers fan here saying
Leddy
Brodie

Gardiner

Leddy is one of the most underrated dmen in the game while Brodie’s one of the most overrated. Both are good 2D’s though. Gardiner is a high end 3D

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I would have taken Brodie 2 years ago quite easily, but I just really can't get a grasp on him these days. At first I thought it was just a bad stretch last year that he'd recover from, but he hasn't been anywhere near his 2015-16 form in over 100 games now. Maybe he'll figure it out and get back to that, but I really don't know.

Because of that I'm going with Leddy.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I would have taken Brodie 2 years ago quite easily, but I just really can't get a grasp on him these days. At first I thought it was just a bad stretch last year that he'd recover from, but he hasn't been anywhere near his 2015-16 form in over 100 games now. Maybe he'll figure it out and get back to that, but I really don't know.

Because of that I'm going with Leddy.
Yup he has looked off defensively this year though he has been pretty good offensively. Hopefully he can pick it up

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I didn’t realize Leddy was this underrated...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I can't believe Leddy has only 34% of the vote here. This to me suggests not enough people have been watching Isles games this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad