Recalled/Assigned: Jake Gardiner to Marlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I thought so too, but last night he was neither in the line-up nor among the healthy scratches.

Holzer was sent to the Marlies a few days ago. I don't understand the move, but I guess it's because he can move without having to clear waivers.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You just confirmed it: I AM BIPOLAR.

Oh well, it's either that or multiple personalities.

As I wrote on 3 or 4 different occasions, the Leafs Board is interesting and I'm dearly afraid of what I'll find on the Habs Board.

I prefer to keep my illusions, but with open eyes. :D

I don't care what people say. You're very valuable to this board.

I find your one liners to be apt and amusing sometimes....

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I don't like this... at all. He was injured and started making the transition back, but then they send him down because Scrivens can't make a save? Pathetic, I dope this doesn't ruin his confidence.

Deezzy22

Jan 3, 2013
pretty sure it's just for conditioning the guy s been out since december and just recently started skating again he'll play a few games get his timing and skating back then be back up with the big club.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Hopefully it isn't management trying to say that Frattin (who was demoted earlier in the season) and Gardiner are not ready for prime time yet....

... to ease the fan letdown after one or both traded in a "big trade".

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Has looked shaky this year, not sure if it is rust, sophomore slump or he was rushed back too soon. But this is the right move. He wasn't even the best Marlies d man this year, Jake needs to pick it up. As with a lot of young player with break out years, they seem to follow it up with subpar after years.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
No big deal, likely a conditioning stint as others have mentioned, I'm sure he'll be back up real soon.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
It's called a conditioning stint..

I get that, but why call him up to play 2 games then send him back? The guy came off a serious head injury, so wouldnt it make MORE SENSE to keep him in the AHL before he played those 2 games so he could get back into it? It's just a puzzling move all around if you aske me.

OptimusReimer34

Jun 19, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I get that, but why call him up to play 2 games then send him back? The guy came off a serious head injury, so wouldnt it make MORE SENSE to keep him in the AHL before he played those 2 games so he could get back into it? It's just a puzzling move all around if you aske me.

Yes I do agree but complaining about it isn't going to change anything. Besides, Carlyle left the decision up to Gardiner anyways and he said he was 100 %. So really if anyone is at fault it's Gardiner.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

How would anyone including Gardiner himself know until he actually played ?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Yes I do agree but complaining about it isn't going to change anything. Besides, Carlyle left the decision up to Gardiner anyways and he said he was 100 %. So really if anyone is at fault it's Gardiner.

So Gardiner had the option of earning $11,000 per game or $800 per game.

No wonder he said he was 100%.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
was he not a minus 2 tonight with the marlies?

What does that have to do with anything? The way you prepare for an NHL game is completely different then the AHL. The fact Scrivens can't make a save shouldn't mean a solid defensmen should get sent down.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
What does that have to do with anything? The way you prepare for an NHL game is completely different then the AHL. The fact Scrivens can't make a save shouldn't mean a solid defensmen should get sent down.

offensively he was there but defensively he wasn't. It's good he's with the marlies and trying to rectify that game.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

gardiner is not ready for the nhl, yet, he is coming back from a concussion

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
The player we missed most tonight was easily Gardiner... our transition game was horrible.

You wouldn't say that if you saw the bad pass he made that cost the Marlies a goal. He needs a few games down there to get his game back after being out for a while. It happens.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Was at the Marlies' game tonight and Gardiner was absolutely TERRIBLE. He had multiple giveaways and bonehead plays, he had a brutal giveaway that immediately resulted in Wilkes-Barre's 2nd and game winning goal. Worst than the pass in the Isles game if you can imagine that.

He definitely has the tools no doubt about that but his mind is somewhere else half the time

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Was at the Marlies' game tonight and Gardiner was absolutely TERRIBLE. He had multiple giveaways and bonehead plays, he had a brutal giveaway that immediately resulted in Wilkes-Barre's 2nd and game winning goal. Worst than the pass in the Isles game if you can imagine that.

He definitely has the tools no doubt about that but his mind is somewhere else half the time

Probably the shock of realizing he hasn't quite made it yet.

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
What does that have to do with anything? The way you prepare for an NHL game is completely different then the AHL.
Care to share your experiences? As far as I know, former AHL/NHLers are pretty rare on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad