Recalled/Assigned: Jake Gardiner recalled to Leafs.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Makes sense. Take a look at the Marlies schedule.

Maybe we'll see a trade. Maybe Holzer for a pick or sumthn ?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Well that was a big stint. I thought they should have kept him down for a week, but if they think he's better now, then sure.

I just hope I never have to see Kostka on the PP.

PP's are for guys that have some creativity. Kostka has none.

MapleLeafGardens*

There was no need to send Gardiner down to the AHL then call him right back up after 1 game does Carlyle even know what he is doing?

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
He was most likely going to be a healthy scratch against the Rangers so instead of sitting him in the pressbox they got him some game action to get his legs under him. Now the Marlies don't play for a while so it makes sense.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
It's almost like management forget the all-star break was coming. Obviously that's not the case, but definitely a strange call-up/demotion.

DaveT83*

There was no need to send Gardiner down to the AHL then call him right back up after 1 game does Carlyle even know what he is doing?

Its got Panic written all over it.

Send the guy down for a Conditioning Stint - lose a game - immediately call him back up lol

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Imagine if we still had the AHL team in St.Johns? It's great having the Marlies in Toronto even if they don't draw good crowds.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He was most likely going to be a healthy scratch against the Rangers so instead of sitting him in the pressbox they got him some game action to get his legs under him. Now the Marlies don't play for a while so it makes sense.

Yes it also screws him out of the NHL pay rate too. He gets 10 grand a game in the NHL and $800 per in the AHL. Why bag skate a guy after an off night when you can squeeze him for 9Gs as a motivator? Frattin got a taste of that too.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012

This is most likely it, if the Amelie's had more games this week I think he would have stayed down. But who knows what goes through their heads.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Looks like the fans aren't the only ones who are bi-polar. How was Jake in his one AHL game? I haven't looked at the score sheet or watched any highlights.

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Isn't it the ahl all star break? No point in having him do nothing. On the other side ya it was only one game down there. But who cares the benefit of your farm team playing around the corner from you

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Guess they wanted to get Fraser in for a game and I guess they figured if Gardiner was going to be out of the game anyway they might as well have him play for the Marlies

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Calm down people. They didn't think he was ready to play against one of the best teams in the league coming off a concussion but still wanted him to get into a game to get back to speed.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I wasn't criticizing your Grammer friend.

You suggested that management thought he was better Today- then he was yesterday - Literally.
Yo-Yoing players around who are recovering from Concussions - doesn't help anything.

I meant to say if he was feeling better. I thought it was obvious.

I'll restate it better:

If the management thinks that he's feeling better after one game of conditioning, then by all means bring him up.

In my opinion, this seems like a desperation move. Kostka was terrible on the PP and Carlyle refuses to play Liles on the #1PP.

I really like Carlyle as a coach but sometimes his micromanaging the lines is getting in the way of common sense.

MacArthur and Kessel are not a fit on the first line, one of JvR or Kulemin need to help him out on the other side of the wing.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Next game isn't until Tuesday evening. Not sure why this is soooo ridicuLOL.

Twix

Patch of velcro
Aug 12, 2011
tumblr_m3qcqlkXa51qj47y6.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad