Injury Report: Jake Gardiner, back spasms, day-to-day

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I’m not against booing but I pay good money at the gas station so does that mean I can boo the attendant when they make a mistake?
That’s highly irrelevant. If the attendant was making more than minimum wage and throwing pizzas up the middle of the gas station then you could compare the two.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'm am selling tickets - average price $368.80.

For the price of your ticket, you can come over my house, boo me, call me a moron, and tell me how lousy I am at my job for 3 hours without stop - God knows, people have done that in the past for free.

I promise, I won't complain.

If you get horse from all the booing, I will sell you a beer for $20.

Come one, come all !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: thewave

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
it really isn't. other teams are far less hesitant to try their kids higher in the lineup. tbay has Cernak on their top pair and didn't wait for an injury. and that's common all over the league.

kappy would still be on the 4th line if Willy had 't held out.

I'm pretty sure Kappy would have worked his way into the top 9 as Johnsson did.

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
finally get a chance to see what exactly Dermott is at the moment. (we didn't have to wait until an injury, of course, but that's how our coach rolls).

fingers crossed Dermott plays well enough to force Babcock to keep him in the top four, like kappy did.
Fully support you!!!

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Well the injury could be worse, I was playing NHL 2017 the other day and Jake was out something like 6 weeks with a ruptured testicle...programmers have a sick sense of humour...

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
finally get a chance to see what exactly Dermott is at the moment. (we didn't have to wait until an injury, of course, but that's how our coach rolls).

fingers crossed Dermott plays well enough to force Babcock to keep him in the top four, like kappy did.
It'll take more than a game vs. a terrible opponent

Reactions: Buds17

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
I’m not against booing but I pay good money at the gas station so does that mean I can boo the attendant when they make a mistake?

I'm pretty sure the gas attendant wouldn't care. They can probably deal much better with criticism, making minimum wage than Gardiner can making 4 million a year.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'm pretty sure the gas attendant wouldn't care. They can probably deal much better with criticism, making minimum wage than Gardiner can making 4 million a year.

This concept of if I paid money I have the right to boo is just non sense. I paid taxes, which means I pay for Doctors, Nurses and cops... does that mean I can boo the cops whenever they give me a parking ticket or speeding ticket bc I am sure they made mistakes.

Reactions: rimshot

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I'm glad to see Dermott get a shot now. Hopefully for a couple games minimum. I figure the Leafs are going to do this next year anyway.

Marincin always scares me. Although the last time he was in for a game or two he seemed to play decent. We'll see.

This is definitely not next year's d core though. Dear lord no. Theres a couple guys on the Marlies that should get a shot and the Leafs are probably losing Gardiner so they'll be getting someone else by trade before next season's start I think.

Possible to bring in ufas if trades happen also.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
We are looking at our next years dcore unless dubas pulls a trade or signs a f/a

I'd expect a trade or signing. Hainsey and Marincin are UFAs, and I'm not sure I see either returning. Think there will be a couple of changes to the current (when healthy) starting six, with one coming from within the organization.

In any case, hopefully Gardiner isn't out for too long as the situation looks quite different without him.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
This concept of if I paid money I have the right to boo is just non sense. I paid taxes, which means I pay for Doctors, Nurses and cops... does that mean I can boo the cops whenever they give me a parking ticket or speeding ticket bc I am sure they made mistakes.

Yes, you can boo. I don't think the Cops, Doctors or Nurses would care. The point is that these are athletes are making good money. Fans aren't booing the player, they are booing the effort. It's like when a QB misses a wide open reciever or a basketball player missing a free throw. It does not make you a bad fan to boo a player's effort, hopefully it makes said player step their game up. Gardiner does generate offence from the back end, but defensively he needs to be better.

Reactions: Kurtz

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If you want to boo the cop giving you a ticket, or the doctor / nurse keeping you healthy, all the power to you.

However, Jake G is an entertainer and feedback from the audience, both good and bad, is part of the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad