Injury Report: Jake Gardiner, back spasms, day-to-day

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I hope the morons that boo him are happy with how awful our defence is without him.
I dont think there would be boos tonight if he played.
He is a key part of our D for this year's run.

His lack of coach-ability must grind Babcock. For that reason alone, I think he's not going to be resigned. He's a Left D on a team with lots of Left D. Some team will want him, but I dont think we can keep him.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Apparently it's been bugging him since around Christmas. I hope he heals up because things are not going to get much better if he's out long-term.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
finally get a chance to see what exactly Dermott is at the moment. (we didn't have to wait until an injury, of course, but that's how our coach rolls).

fingers crossed Dermott plays well enough to force Babcock to keep him in the top four, like kappy did.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope the morons that boo him are happy with how awful our defence is without him.

Some of you deserve the defence you're going to see tonight.

Leafs could dominate this game 10-0 and people would correlate that to Gardiner being out of the lineup. "We don't need him, see!" I guarantee you that.

Reactions: shortfuze

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Leafs could dominate this game 10-0 and people would correlate that to Gardiner being out of the lineup. "We don't need him, see!" I guarantee you that.
Dermott can replace Gardiner right now.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
finally get a chance to see what exactly Dermott is at the moment. (we didn't have to wait until an injury, of course, but that's how our coach rolls).

fingers crossed Dermott plays well enough to force Babcock to keep him in the top four, like kappy did.

That's pretty much how all coaches roll Zeke :) Im looking forward to seeing Zaitsev play with someone else and see how that goes

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

Oh for sure, its arizona. We're going to win today and the Gardiner haters will think it means we can beat Tampa without him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That's pretty much how all coaches roll Zeke :) Im looking forward to seeing Zaitsev play with someone else and see how it goes

it really isn't. other teams are far less hesitant to try their kids higher in the lineup. tbay has Cernak on their top pair and didn't wait for injury. and that's common all over the league.

kappy would still be on the 4th line if Willy had 't held out.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
They pay good money for those tickets and have the right to boo.

J.G. has also deserved the boo's.

You pay me $4M/yr and you can boo me all day long.

I’m not against booing but I pay good money at the gas station so does that mean I can boo the attendant when they make a mistake?

Reactions: moon111

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I’m not against booing but I pay good money at the gas station so does that mean I can boo the attendant when they make a mistake?
LOL ! I'm sure you could.

Plus, I'm not sure it's the same thing and the gas attendant isn't make $4M/yr. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad