Jake Gardiner 2015-2016 Expectations

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would keep Gardner mostly because his best case upside is a lot higher than any potential return. Kadri would bring more back.

But that doesn't make them untouchable, at least not in the same sense of Rielly or Nylander. If we did get a suitable offer, then we'd take it in a heartbeat.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Jason Gardiner? I'll have to take your word for it; I can't say I've ever seen the guy play an NHL game (I get the reference).

Jake Gardiner, however, is a great defensive player.
Like so many other posters already said, He is definitely not. I intentionally wrote it jason because I didn't even remember his first name in reality, he is that bad defensively. He is one of the worst ever in fact. I've seen a lot of hockey in my time. Gardiner is a liability defensively and might be forever. Your post doesn't make any sense at all beside correcting the first name right. Even then... Jason - Jake... almost the same, he might be in reality Jason. Only his mother and father know.

We should be trading him, kessel, phaneuf, bozak and others far.. far away.

Really expecting that new star wars team of us happening. Babcock is a fine start. He is more important than any of our players. He tells the players what to do and even who plays the game. Only babcock stands, players only play if he wants them to play. He'll teach them right and correct them like jack nicholson in the shining. He'll shine on them for certainly. You'll see. You'll learn.

91Kadri91*

Like so many other posters already said, He is definitely not. I intentionally wrote it jason because I didn't even remember his first name in reality, he is that bad defensively. He is one of the worst ever in fact. I've seen a lot of hockey in my time. Gardiner is a liability defensively and might be forever. Your post doesn't make any sense at all beside correcting the first name right. Even then... Jason - Jake... almost the same, he might be in reality Jason. Only his mother and father know.

We should be trading him, kessel, phaneuf, bozak and others far.. far away.

Really expecting that new star wars team of us happening. Babcock is a fine start. He is more important than any of our players. He tells the players what to do and even who plays the game. Only babcock stands, players only play if he wants them to play. He'll teach them right and correct them like jack nicholson in the shining. He'll shine on them for certainly. You'll see. You'll learn.

Yeah, I already displayed mounds of data that showed your assertion that Gardiner is "one of the worst ever" is the result of your inept analysis, and not a depiction of reality, but it got deleted, just like these two posts will.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Yeah, I already displayed mounds of data that showed your assertion that Gardiner is "one of the worst ever" is the result of your inept analysis, and not a depiction of reality, but it got deleted, just like these two posts will.

I'll quote your post so it stays in topic. Jake Gardiner is far from inept defensively. His shot suppression rate and puck possession rates are clear indicators of that fact. Not ever rock solid defensive d man has to be like the "human eraser"

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Is Jake having a good year ? I think he is playing better than last year. non ?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
honesty dont see gardiner as a OFD more as a two way d man
he has showns sign of being an OFD but with rielly i think he will settle into a
yearly 25-30 point dman maybe a bit more

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I can't really tell how this got bumped, but since it's already here...

Jake has put together a solid season so far (although I haven't liked a bunch of his last 7 games or so).

I'm really happy with his progress this year. I'm so excited to see what Babs does with him and Rielly going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad