Jagr probably OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodka Drunkenski

Nov 24, 2005
New Jersey
Caz said:
Look at the vids. Links can be found on the forum in many threads.
Then check the rule book. Then look at the vids again. Then ask a coach
what not to do when close to the boards.

Then come back with another psychology lesson for us.

:biglaugh:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Archijerej said:
Because you had amator concussions not profesional ;)

When you lose consciousness (twice), they are not 'amateur' concussions.

Interestingly, the worst one was the one that I was never knocked out. I just hit my head getting into my car. It was after the first 2, so I was more succeptable to them. I was dizzy and light-headed for about 2 weeks. Was awful. But never threw up.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Phanuthier said:
Heh, I've never seen Straka fight before.

That's because in his almost 800 NHL games he never has. I always find it funny when guys who would never stick up for themselves or teammates in the NHL all of a sudden become tough guys in international tournaments.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
paxtang said:
That's because in his almost 800 NHL games he never has. I always find it funny when guys who would never stick up for themselves or teammates in the NHL all of a sudden become tough guys in international tournaments.

Or maybe for the first time he saw is fellow NHL superstar teammate and close friend get hit with a cheapshot and his adrenaline kicked in? Sure looked like that considering he went way out of his way from the top of the blue line to jump Ruutu.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Wild GM said:
When you lose consciousness (twice), they are not 'amateur' concussions.

Interestingly, the worst one was the one that I was never knocked out. I just hit my head getting into my car. It was after the first 2, so I was more succeptable to them. I was dizzy and light-headed for about 2 weeks. Was awful. But never threw up.

Hey, sorry to hear that. I'm not making fun of your pain, really. I thought it would be funny, sorry if it wasn't ;)

James Ownz Harper*

I really want to see Ruutu laugh and point to the Czech bench... I'm a Canuck and Blackhawk fan so I see it all the time but I can't get tired of it.

Ruutu rocks.

EventHorizon

Bring Back Ties!
Caz said:
I'm so sorry if you as a sports fan believe that sportsmen and -women are
out there to injure the opponent.

I feel for you.

Can you possibly be saying that it has never been the intention for one athlete to try to injure another?!

I suppose McSorley meant to tap Brashear on the shoulder to ask him to go out for drinks after the game, and Bertuzzi just wanted to let Moore know that his fly was down.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
paxtang said:
It just shows that their national team is above anything else and I'm all for that.

TheZherdev

Jul 4, 2004
John Blonn said:
lol

The common theme coming from the Ruutu apologists was that it was "Jagr's fault." That if Jagr hadn't put his head down, he wouldn't have gotten injured.

This is typical blame-the-victim stuff. This is a prime argument to use when other arguments fail.

Lol the same happened with moore. Countless times did i read, it was his fault for hitting Naslund in the first place! Moore is only trying to make money off of Bertuzzi. Its not his fault that he ended moore's career.
When ever i read comments like that i just laugh at the thought that such stupidity exists in the world.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Hockey is a game of actions and reactions. Ruutu's hit was borderline illegal, Jagr was vulnerable but he didn't have his back turned or anything. He put himself into the position and Ruutu nailed him, but he would have nailed him regardless of what position he was in.....thats just how he plays. If you've ever looked at Ruutu's face you'll notice he takes a LOT of punishment for playing on/over the edge. So if you want to call Ruutu a "Coward" thats all fine and dandy but its not easy being one of the most hated and targetted players in the game. You might get some good licks in but you take a lot too. I'm glad he's on my team, and I'm quite sure his current detractors wouldn't be complaining so much if he were on their team.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Phanuthier said:
Heh, I've never seen Straka fight before.

Well you still have to wait.
I was surprised to see Straka hugging Jarkko, maybe they had lunch after the game and when the lights wen't off ...

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
James Ownz Harper said:
I really want to see Ruutu laugh and point to the Czech bench... I'm a Canuck and Blackhawk fan so I see it all the time but I can't get tired of it.

Ruutu rocks.

Hmmm... People like you make me glad Hawks blow chunks. Yay.

Silly thread.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I like and still like Ruutu. He is excellent at what he does. He is a ****-disturber, who hit the best player in a vulnerable position. Was it borderline dirty? I would say so. I highly doubt Ruutu wanted to hurt him... he saw him and clocked him, simple as that.

This is being totally overblown... like everything around here at HF. How many of you have actually seen Ruutu play more than one NHL game? He has fought before, Rob Blake, Byron Ritche among others. He does not turtle, we already have one of those on the Canucks (Matt Cooke). Ruutu is a tough player who picks his spots, and unfortunately Jagr was his spot today.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
jtuzzi said:
This is being totally overblown... like everything around here at HF. How many of you have actually seen Ruutu play more than one NHL game? He has fought before, Rob Blake, Byron Ritche among others. He does not turtle, we already have one of those on the Canucks (Matt Cooke). Ruutu is a tough player who picks his spots, and unfortunately Jagr was his spot today.

I think most people will realize that once they calm down.

The problem of his utter disrespect for other players, and even more importantly, other humans... will remain.
You can't go smiling at 22 people who just saw him get his head smashed against the boards by you. You just don't do that. :dunno:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
John Blonn said:
Ruutu's reputation and history are crystal clear.

And had nothing to do with this incident.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again. Jagr was still standing up when Ruutu aimed for him. He only ducked a second before Ruutu hit him. Standing up, near the boards, no elbow involved. Now I don't see an intent to injure there.

I'm not saying it's Jagr's fault, I'm saying people who claim that Ruutu intented that injury are idiots and are going to have a hard time later in life when they face another situation that forces them to actually think.

SopelFan*

Note to Jagr: DON'T WEAR HELMETS BANNED BECAUSE THEY ARE UNSAFE IN THE NHL!

Noose

Nov 10, 2004
Definately a clean hit. No matter how you put it, Ruutu had his hands down, shoulder-to-shoulder, Jagr ducked about half a second before the hit.

People are nailing Ruutu because he is Ruutu. In no means an attempt to injure, just to deliver a hard hit. And he did exactly that.

Straka's bearhug was an instant classic. :)

doom2

Feb 12, 2005
Kuopio
http://tuomas.kapsi.fi/Kuva1.jpg

If you honestly think it's not okay to check from there... Too bad Jagr didn't see it coming and went down at the wrong moment, after Ruutu didn't have time to react, which resulted in the injury. Anyhoo, a clean check that took a turn for the worse soon after that moment.

NYIsles1*

Noose said:
Definately a clean hit. No matter how you put it, Ruutu had his hands down, shoulder-to-shoulder, Jagr ducked about half a second before the hit.

In no means an attempt to injure, just to deliver a hard hit. And he did exactly that.

That's how I saw it, I could care less about the names involved. What was Jagr thinking not wearing the best possible helmet to protect himself?

Ver

Dec 6, 2005
Good picture, doom2. After that picture there's no need to argue, was there intent to injure. That was a hit like any other in a hockey game, too bad for Jagr he didn't see Ruutu coming. Good to hear he's OK, it could have been worse with a helmet like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad